Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hog chapters..... who rides with them?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008 | 11:15 PM
Fang
Cruiser
Default RE: Hog chapters..... who rides with them?

A friend wanted me to join a local chapter, went to a meeting...a bunch of middle aged folks trying to regain their youth, telling stories about the good old days, and trying to one up each other. It's not for me.....

Old 05-02-2008 | 11:22 PM
wescoot2
Road Master

Personally, riding in a group to me is work, and I really don't enjoy it. Now true, if I happen to be out riding with some friends, where the 2 second rule would hardly apply, I'm more than happy to join their ride. In 2 seconds, 6 scoots would be past you if you were standing on the side of a road, but this is not a typical ride.

With my OL on my side, we ride handlebar to handlebar, and cruise the 2 lane roads, and when fortunate to get out for a loooong ride, we always ask the cagers, what road in the area they wouldn't take, and that's where we head.

If you want to ride with a HOG group, more power to you. If you want to ride with another group, more power to you. If you want to ride with your OL, more power to you. FInally if you want to ride by yourself, more power to you.

Just one note, for those who keep saying they don't ride with HOG, because they haven't reached 50 yet.....come out and ride with the OL and myself sometime, we love to cruise the back roads between 70-75mph...... Oh by the way.....I was born in 1948

Ed

Old 05-02-2008 | 11:37 PM
mud
muderator

adventure riders........

This reply is to no one in particular.................

Don't know how many of you good folks saw this one from
another part of the forum, a year or so ago.

Definately worth clickin on this link.

mud

ORIGINAL: EricVonZipper

I post this on various forums occasionally, when the subject of old (bona fide) bikers comes up..........

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29723&highlight=original

Old 05-03-2008 | 12:28 AM
CSA
Road Master

WOW! Great Link Mud.............I feel like a total Pu$$y!

Not only does that kill the whole "Real Biker" argument, it rolls it up in a sleeping bag, and puts it through a shredder!

Old 05-03-2008 | 12:36 AM
CSA
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Scooter Wench

I detest this bias against so called RUBB's just because they make a decent wage, are professionals, live in a nice home, and only get the chance to ride on weekends or on vacations. Excuse the hell out of them for working for a living, having a white collar job and being successful at their chosen career. I don't see how this makes them any less of a biker. I've been on both ends of the spectrum. My first husband was an officer in the Outlaws. Been there, done that and all that it entails. I'm still in contact with him to this day. When I met him I was riding a Honda 400, worked in a bar and barely had two nickles to rub together. I'm probably the only chick you'll ever meet who had the ***** (was stupid enough) to ride a Honda into a 1%er clubhouse yard. In retrospect I'm lucky my OM had the clout he did as otherwise they would have probably torched the thing while he and I were out having breakfast and getting a motel room. LOL

Move forward 25 years. I am a professional, I am successful, I live in a two story home with a pool and jacuzzi in the back yard, two nice cars in the driveway and two Harley's in the garage. I can now finally afford and have the time to do what I truly love. How does this make me any less a biker now than I was then? Only difference is that I now ride my own. In fact I may be more of a biker now than I was then. So don't judge the whole crate by a few bad apples. The majority of riders I know in our local chapter put thousands of miles on their bikes every year riding all over the country. Yeah there are newbies, but you know what? We were ALL newbies at one point in time. Ya gotta start somewhere!

(Rant over)
Well Said SC!!!

I remember watching my mother kickstart a Harley with a beer in one hand and blunt hanging out of her mouth! She must of weighed 100 pounds soaking wet! After the kids were grown and gone she got her Masters Degree! I will never get the whole "Your not a real biker" thing! Instead of putting them down or calling them this and that try passing on a little help or encouragment!

(Rant Off)

Old 05-03-2008 | 01:24 AM
larazauk
|
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Elginator

ORIGINAL: arnold

I believe in "Live and Let Live" and I don't really get the implied distain some have for others who are different from them. If I have a patch on my vest that says I helpedsome disabled children, why does that bother anyone else?

And I don't understand the emotional tone of several of these posts.
Because bikes are an emotive subject to most of us?

Because we are passionate about them?

Old 05-03-2008 | 01:26 AM
larazauk
|
Tourer

[quote]ORIGINAL: mudpuddle

adventure riders........

mud

I post this on various forums occasionally, when the subject of old (bona fide) bikers comes up..........

Great link mud

Old 05-03-2008 | 08:49 AM
eat.the.rude
Novice

Excellent link, Mudpuddle! Enjoyed reading that one.

Old 05-03-2008 | 10:16 AM
Dutch550
Tourer

that link was badass mud I really enjoyed that.

Old 05-03-2008 | 11:24 AM
dajam_fxdli
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: mudpuddle

adventure riders........

mud

Excellent link.... Plays right into my other hobby of 4 wheeling.... Although I find it easier to ride on 4rs in the snow... I used to bike in MI in the winter but now since I am over 50, lol... I keep the two wheels to the clear roads.

I consider my self a "Motorcyce Enthusiast" not a "biker" since do not wear colors, it is about respect for "MC" clubs that is all. Nothing more. Real MC's deserve respect and HOG clubs deserve repect also.

Why can we all get along

Quick Reply: Hog chapters..... who rides with them?