Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Quiet Baffles for Short Shots

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 09:42 AM
WildBillAce2
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H Quiet Baffles for Short Shots

Another vote here for the quiet baffles! Thanks fellas for the good info about these in past threads - everything was 100% on target. I just put them on yesterday and I like 'em. The sound is good, much lower and deeper at idle and low rpms, but still has plenty of bark when you get on it. They also made a considerable difference with low end torque, with better throttle response and the bike just seems to run better with them. Got mine from Eastern Performance for $70 with free shipping, and they sent them out the same day.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:44 AM
BLade1127
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: V&H Quiet Baffles for Short Shots

Awesome. I love the sound as well. Wish I could find something a little louder, but with the same deep rumble and power. Probably never will!!!!

Old 04-30-2008, 09:56 AM
SK8ROD
Banned

couldnt agree more, they are excellent and you can keep the noise down with them when you need to but still let it rip I also bought mine thanks to the reviews on this forum, so thanks a lot to everyone who wrote up on them..

pete

Old 04-30-2008, 10:20 AM
SgtThump
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

I have Short Shots installed with no baffles (at least I don't see anything when I look into the end of the pipe.) They're pretty loud and sound excellent. I wouldn't mind quieting them down just a hair.

Can you install these with the pipes on the bike? Is it a matter of removing the heat shields, inserting the baffles, screwing them in (?) and reinstalling the heat shields?

Old 04-30-2008, 10:36 AM
WildBillAce2
Road Master

ORIGINAL: SgtThump

I have Short Shots installed with no baffles (at least I don't see anything when I look into the end of the pipe.) They're pretty loud and sound excellent. I wouldn't mind quieting them down just a hair.

Can you install these with the pipes on the bike? Is it a matter of removing the heat shields, inserting the baffles, screwing them in (?) and reinstalling the heat shields?
Hey Thump, yes you can but when you put the heat shields back on you have to leave off one of the clamps to get them on without removing the pipes from the heads. Three is more than enough to hold them on anyway. You kind of have to rotate the shields on and it's a tight fit but I did it a few times without problems.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Graduate
Cruiser

I installed my BSS in the winter and added quiet baffles before hearing them without them. I took the advice of the people on this forum and couldn't be happier with the sound and performance. Highly recommended.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:57 AM
SgtThump
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: WildBillAce2

Hey Thump, yes you can but when you put the heat shields back on you have to leave off one of the clamps to get them on without removing the pipes from the heads. Three is more than enough to hold them on anyway. You kind of have to rotate the shields on and it's a tight fit but I did it a few times without problems.
Thanks! It's probably easier to just remove the pipes, huh? So is there a small screw hole in the pipes already that I can't see (because of the heat shields) that the baffles screw into?

Old 04-30-2008, 11:11 AM
SgtThump
Road Warrior

Are these what I need? I'm not looking for the "quiet baffles." Just regular baffles to quite it down some.

http://www.ridegear.com/rg/item/F-29...t-Baffles.html

Chris

Old 04-30-2008, 11:30 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: SgtThump

Are these what I need? I'm not looking for the "quiet baffles." Just regular baffles to quite it down some.

http://www.ridegear.com/rg/item/F-29...t-Baffles.html

Chris
Yup, that looks like the standard baffle. Maybe someone here who has a used set on the shelf, will let you have um at a discount.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:47 PM
WildBillAce2
Road Master

Thump, if you want performance baffles with good sound then I'd go with Big City Thunder: http://www.bigcitythunder.com/pages/product-fit.html

But the V&H quiet baffles only make it quieter and deeper at idle and low rpms. When you open it up they are almost as loud as stock. If you aren't running any baffles at all right now then you will like the torque increase when you put them in.

Quick Reply: V&H Quiet Baffles for Short Shots