Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best riding sunglasses?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Sec Super Glide
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best riding sunglasses?

Safty sunglasses the optics are at least good enough to see with cheep sunglasses are like looking through a calidascope.Been there done that.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:17 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Why, "The Best MC Glasses," of course.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:07 PM
Razzdad
Intermediate

+ whatever on the Panoptix transitions especially if you need prescription glasses. You did say best, not cheapest.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Exavier22003
Advanced

Ive tried them all, cheap one and expensive ones. But, I'd have to say the best set I've owned has been the Men's Profile Performance Eyewear from HD. They may have cost me $100 bucks at the dealer but after only a few miles I would have paid twice that. They came with smoked lenses and clear ones, however the smoke is just enough during the day to ride comfortably with the sun in my face and not to dark at nite. I've never put the clear lenses in. They have a detacable foam frame the allows you to easily convert them to regular sunglasses, so you dont have to carry a second pair to wear when your just walking around checking out every one elses bike at the watering hole. They came with a nice oversized case that holds the extra set of lenses and a nice strap to keep em on your head at high speeds. These are the best ive owned and several riding pals have gone out and bouught the same after they found that they fit the contour of their face better than the ones they owned.

Ive worn them at speeds over 90 mph and they still sealed off my eyes from the wind.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:58 AM
HarleypsychRN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wiley X Romer II are my favorites hands down. They may make a new kind of Wiley now with interchangable lenses (the key). I have a pair of Wiley X SG's with the foam around the eyeswhich areinterchangable as well. I have a pair of Ray-Ban wrap arounds ...nothing wrong with them you just can't change the lenses.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

Seems like alot of you guys really like Wiley-X sunglasses! I tried on the XL-1 yesterday at a local retailer & they fit my head awful! The pair of Wiley-X's that I REALLY liked was the Jake's, but they don't have interchangable lenses. I don't know, still might buy them though because they fit me so well.

Exavier22003,
Wish I could try on those Men's Profile Performance sunglasses by H-D...the problem is no one around here has them in stock & if I order them they want me to be committed to buying them. Guess I'll just keep looking for 'em...

Old 05-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Prodriverdon
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine are from a co. called EyeRide. They do a great job for me but when I am going for a long ride its goggles.........

Old 05-02-2008, 10:48 AM
TXMikey
Advanced

Another vote here for Wiley-X. When I first got mine, I thought they were too small. After wearing them a bit, I discovered the size was just right. The foam can be a bit deceiving on how they fit. They've now become my favorite shades, and I wear them everywhere. The foam can be removed so you can wear them like regular glasses.

I got mine online from www.adseyewear.com and they had excellent customer service. I've now bought 2 pairs of Wiley-X from them, and 1 pair of Panoptix (7eye) for my wife.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:05 AM
elcid1989
Road Captain

Not sure what brand they are, but they were only ~20 bucks at Davis H-D in Burlington, NC. Has foam around the eyes, three interchangeable lenses, (Smoke, Amber, and Clear) and they came with a goggle strap too. I constantly ride at 80 MPH, and I have not had an issue yet with them!

Before that, I used to ride with safety glasses on, but when you gotta carry three different glasses for an all day ride, it sucks! Now, I just cary the extra lenses, and something to wipe off the fingerprints with, and I'm done!