Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greasy goop on Voltage Regulator

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008 | 10:52 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Default RE: Greasy goop on Voltage Regulator

ORIGINAL: SeeNoSun

ORIGINAL: DougsDyna

I believe it is a collection of excess electrons. This is generally caused by running the engine at very low rpms.
You need to run that baby down the highway and around the twisties in excess of 4500 rpms. If you do this on a regulor basis
(5000 rpms is better) you will probably never see this buildup occur ever again.

On the other hand, it could just be crud picked up off the road. Have you run through any pigshit, as of late?

DougJ
hmm .. I have been running around Manassas and Leesburg lately. All kinds of crap on the road out in the sticks!
Okay, you're scaring me know....... Manassas is where I got runover on my scoot in January......... I was the crap laying in the road that day
I still am a bit leary of head back toward DC on the bike. I live west of Winchester.

DougJ

Old 05-01-2008 | 11:32 PM
SeeNoSun
|
Tourer

I believe it is a collection of excess electrons. This is generally caused by running the engine at very low rpms.
You need to run that baby down the highway and around the twisties in excess of 4500 rpms. If you do this on a regulor basis
(5000 rpms is better) you will probably never see this buildup occur ever again.

On the other hand, it could just be crud picked up off the road. Have you run through any pigshit, as of late?

DougJ
hmm .. I have been running around Manassas and Leesburg lately. All kinds of crap on the road out in the sticks!
Okay, you're scaring me know....... Manassas is where I got runover on my scoot in January......... I was the crap laying in the road that day
I still am a bit leary of head back toward DC on the bike. I live west of Winchester.

DougJ
I'll be heading your way in a couple of weeks. Me and a friend are gonna spend the weekend tooling around West VA on our SB's.

Old 05-01-2008 | 11:59 PM
labfreak
Road Master

Maybe youran overa sloptail??

Old 05-02-2008 | 03:16 AM
Exavier22003
Advanced

Its got to be some type of road debris or oil from filter. It cant be from the steering neck as there is nothing that I know of that can drip from there according to the dealer on our dyna models. If it was a softail the neck would be your grimlin, the dealer I visist often is always wiping the floor beneathe them first thing in the morning. He says the softail neckhas parifin for lube and it always hits the floor beneath the necks during the summer months when the a/c is off over nite. Hope you find a sulution soon.

Old 05-02-2008 | 07:08 AM
DougsDyna
Banned

Great riding up that way!! Spend most my summer riding through VA, WV, western MD mountains.

Hardly any traffic to speak of

DougJ

DougJ
I'll be heading your way in a couple of weeks. Me and a friend are gonna spend the weekend tooling around West VA on our SB's.