Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stage 1 , mapping etc...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 08:58 PM
Chadookydo
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stage 1 , mapping etc...

I have been reading fore about an hour now and still a little confused. What exactly is considered a stage 1 upgrade? Is it pipes - a/c - remap with a new download? Is remap the same as a download? Is it true that installing a fuel management device takes the place of a remap? As far as fuel management devices are SERT, PCIII, fuel packs ect... Basicly she same thing? Which fuel management do you prefer?(performance, user freindly, etc) At this time I have an '07 dyna WG with V & H SS slip ons. I like the sound and thinking now of performance.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:19 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: stage 1 , mapping etc...

Stage 1 is higher flowing a/c, pipes, and fuel adjustment and/or engine tuning. Fuelpak, SERT, and PCIII are NOT the same thing but any could be part of a particular stage 1 setup. Fuelpak is simply a programmable device that you install and setup according to the bike and the pipes you have and assumes you have a stage 1 a/c. The others can be programmed with canned maps per your setup but can also be fine tuned on a dyno. None require the HD stage 1 download but most can be programmed to work along with it. The download is really a waste of money if you want one of those devices.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:32 PM
stagolee
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: stage 1 , mapping etc...

ORIGINAL: Chadookydo

I have been reading fore about an hour now and still a little confused. What exactly is considered a stage 1 upgrade? Is it pipes - a/c - remap with a new download? Is remap the same as a download? Is it true that installing a fuel management device takes the place of a remap? As far as fuel management devices are SERT, PCIII, fuel packs ect... Basicly she same thing? Which fuel management do you prefer?(performance, user freindly, etc) At this time I have an '07 dyna WG with V & H SS slip ons. I like the sound and thinking now of performance.
"Staging Your Harley"
http://www.american-v.co.uk/technica...ing/index.html

Hope that helps.