Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show me your DRAG BARS!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 07:49 PM
ziggy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Show me your DRAG BARS!

drag bars make the bike

Old 04-29-2008, 06:52 AM
HarleypsychRN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never been much for apes myself...I'm a drag bar guy 100%. They were made for dynas IMHO....FXDC rider...sweet ride man nicely done!

Old 04-29-2008, 08:11 AM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

drag bars make the bike
+1

FXDC rider...sweet ride man nicely done!
...Thanks Bro!

Old 04-29-2008, 08:28 AM
DiabloBlanco
Advanced

FXDC RIDER bike looks great. I am looking to put on the street slammers on my 05 FXDC as well just wondering about the cables. Did the stock length cables work? Thanks Ken

Old 04-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

FXDC RIDER bike looks great. I am looking to put on the street slammers on my 05 FXDC as well just wondering about the cables. Did the stock length cables work? Thanks Ken
At the time I dropped the bike off to get the bars put on, I also had them (H-D) do all diamondback braided cables (including the rear brake) too as you can see in the pics. If you want to do this as well, this is the best time to do it. If not, I'm not sure if all the stock cable would be of length-wise? I would ask a tech about that one?

Word of advise...if your going to have H-D do the job, MAKE SURE you have them give you a PRECISE quote on the total jobBEFORE they even put your bike on a lift! This job ended up being about $400 more than what I was told it would be! With H-D bike sales somewhat slow right now, I think they're trying to make up for some lost profits through service/labor! I won't even tell you how many hours they charged me just to remove my old bars & put these new ones on...not including any cables/wiring or anything else! You wouldn't believe it! "Stealership" as we like to call them is an under-statement!

Old 04-29-2008, 09:44 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: FXDC Rider

I won't even tell you how many hours they charged me just to remove my old bars & put these new ones on...not including any cables/wiring or anything else! You wouldn't believe it! "Stealership" as we like to call them is an under-statement!
Just to give you something to compare to what FXDC Rider is telling you, my dealer did my bars, internal wiring, new grips, signal light relocation, and my 5K service in 3 hours. And did it in that time knowing I had a 50% off labor credit. So, it may also help to shop around. But definitely get a quote beforehand and hold them to it.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:19 AM
misterkidgo
Tourer

ORIGINAL: FXDC Rider

Word of advise...if your going to have H-D do the job, MAKE SURE you have them give you a PRECISE quote on the total jobBEFORE they even put your bike on a lift! This job ended up being about $400 more than what I was told it would be! With H-D bike sales somewhat slow right now, I think they're trying to make up for some lost profits through service/labor! I won't even tell you how many hours they charged me just to remove my old bars & put these new ones on...not including any cables/wiring or anything else! You wouldn't believe it! "Stealership" as we like to call them is an under-statement!
I went to get some quotes on these price bars and the two dealerships, I went to said that the street slammers could not be installed on an 07 FXDC. They pointed out the fitment guide on the Parts catalog that indicated model compatabilities with the 07 fxdc not shown.

I knew that much already (according to the catalog) but asked the parts guy why knowing that you had yours done and they couldn't tell me why. blah. Even the service guy just looked at the catalog.

They did suggest that i order some Drag Specialties drag bars and then to have them install it. I asked for the price quote and the one guy told me that the thing about those installations is that they have to measure the bars first AFTER installing them in order to find out what cables to order and so they'd have to price it as they went along. Sounds terribly inefficient especially if they didn't have the cables on hand. [sm=proof.gif]

Sounds like I'll have to find the cable lengths myself and install these all myself. Stupid stealers.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:45 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

looking at the stock cabling on your bike I can't fathom you needing to change any length cable to go from the stock bars to the street slammers.... parts counter employees don't usually have any idea what will or will not work unless they can look it up in a book.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:46 AM
Kuniskis
Intermediate

Carlini 1.5" with a 5" rise. With the forwrds, it's a perfect fit for 6' tall

[IMG]local://upfiles/49687/DB8A6FE69EE94DAEA1AE3654C6CE7F92.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

Sounds like I'll have to find the cable lengths myself and install these all myself. Stupid stealers.
Sounds to me like you gotta find another H-D stealership all together that actually knows what the hell they're talking about! The cable lengths are the same as the 07 Street Bob.

Quick Reply: Show me your DRAG BARS!