Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Holding Screw

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Throttle Holding Screw

Does anyone know what is inside the switch housing above the throttle holding screw on the right bar? I recently installed LED mirrors and had the switch housing apart. When I reassembled, the screw will go all the way in and never engage the throttle tube end. The service manual only says there is an unattched part that can fall out if you're not careful. Apparently I wasn't careful. I re-opened the switch housing to look for something obvious, but with the throttle cables in place, I can't see squat under the throttle tube and it's a pain in the butt to reattach the top cable. I don't even know what part to order to replace it. I figure if there were a part misplaced and loose in there, the housings would not have fit back together and/or the throttle would be sticky.

I know here are plenty here who say to never use it, buy I ride 600+ miles a week and the screw with a Throttle Mate are a right-hand life saver.

Any insight appreciated.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:47 PM
evansf_fde
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Throttle Holding Screw

There is a little curved plastic piece that creates the friction when you turn the screw in. About 1/2 inch less wide and 3/4 inch long (Approx)

Old 04-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, man. I wonder how I missed that!

Old 04-28-2008, 06:37 PM
mud
muderator
Received 9,023 Likes on 2,102 Posts

scott, here is the part #56396-74A

I have one if you want it I'll mail it to you

Only about a buck and a half at the dealer.

Look around on the floor, You may find it.

mud

ORIGINAL: ktm_scott

Does anyone know what is inside the switch housing above the throttle holding screw on the right bar? I recently installed LED mirrors and had the switch housing apart. When I reassembled, the screw will go all the way in and never engage the throttle tube end. The service manual only says there is an unattched part that can fall out if you're not careful. Apparently I wasn't careful. I re-opened the switch housing to look for something obvious, but with the throttle cables in place, I can't see squat under the throttle tube and it's a pain in the butt to reattach the top cable. I don't even know what part to order to replace it. I figure if there were a part misplaced and loose in there, the housings would not have fit back together and/or the throttle would be sticky.

I know here are plenty here who say to never use it, buy I ride 600+ miles a week and the screw with a Throttle Mate are a right-hand life saver.

Any insight appreciated.