Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Bike Stuff and Very Interesting Info from Chicago Harley

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 08:18 PM
Fuente
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Bike Stuff and Very Interesting Info from Chicago Harley

I take delivery of my '05 FXDCI this Saturday. I've already ordered my Stage One needs: V & H Big Shots Staggered pipes, Ness Big Sucker Air Cleaning Kit, Power Commander, and V & H Quiet Baffles. To play with the bike's look a bit, I ordered Kuryakyn pegs for the passenger, rider, and shifter. I may add highway pegs later... no need to at this point.

I have the Stage One work planned for 3/19, one week after taking delivery. Should be close to a couple hundred miles on it by then. Shall I wait another week.... or will this be ok? Also, the dealership wants to charge $340 for labor.... a respected high-performance shop will do it for $200 (4 hours @ $50 per). This performance shop does mainly power commander work and dynos, so they definitely know their stuff.

Interestingly, after talking to Chicago Harley's service manager, I found out the following:

* at least 120 Harley shops across the nation sell and install Power Commanders
* he feels the Power Commander is actually better than the HD Race Tuner
* Chicago Harley also sells the Ness Big Sucker Air Cleaning Kit
* he feels the extended warranty is a good thing IF you are going to keep the bike for an extended period of time.... and according to him, the company's warnings about 'voiding warranties' by changing exhaust systems using non-Harley parts is total 'Bullsh*t'!

I only wish we had a dealership like Chicago harley out here in Southern California! They are so honest and genuine!

Old 03-08-2005, 11:44 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Good Stuff For New Bike?

No brainer, $340.00-$200.00=$140.00 saved in your pocket. Then go ahead and get the cruise pegs, you will need them.