Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

There's a SUZUKI BOULEVARD in my driveway!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 06:11 PM
Delmarksman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: There's a SUZUKI BOULEVARD in my driveway!

The day Ilayed mybike down, a frosty New Years day (blame it on numb fingers and too much front brake) after a short breather to let the feeling return, I continued my ride.
Hell no it wouldn't "still be at some guys house".

BTW, I think you did a real good thing, both in helping the guy as well as by not bashing on him.
Good Karma in my book.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Weezer
Advanced

ORIGINAL: GentlemanBiker

When you ride a metric cruiser, H-D is constantly hanging over your head. No matter how well, long, or far you ride or how well you wrench, there are people who act like you're a wannabe because you don't ride a Harley. So you end up with this subset of them who are consumed with justifying why they are on a metric and discounting the value and appeal of a Harley. It's pretty silly, really, but so is the attitude of some H-D riders when it comes to metrics and the people who ride them.
I know what you are saying, but from what I have seen from this forum and from a Suzuki forum is that attitude is self created. What I mean is I have seen more people here in this forum compliment people on their metric bike and not put any of the down(other than jokingly). If you go over to a metric forum it is full of Harley haters. If they know you are a Harley owner, many of them will not even give you the time of day.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Dutch550
Tourer

hey jrk5892 have you ever run through a corn field backwards with your pants down? j/k Your right though the first time you go down is definatley a experience you wont soon forget I was lucky to be able to get my bike back up and ride it home. I would not leave my harley there this long.[sm=wtf.gif]

Old 04-27-2008, 08:50 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 39,817 Likes on 13,472 Posts

UPDATE:It's gone,sometime between 8-9 pm the bike was removed from the drive,I didn't hear anything and my dogs didn't bark,no note or knock at the door.Very stealthy(ninja's maybe?)I hope the owner picked it up!

Old 04-28-2008, 06:27 AM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Speaking of Boulevards, I met a guy in Georgia at a restaurant that was riding a Boulevard. He was finished eating and came out while I was looking at his bike. I told him he had a nice bike and he said he had owned HDs for years but they had nothing on the Boulevard. Don't know whether it was true or not but they must be a fairly nice scoot. It looked okay but I can't say I would choose one over a Harley.
I think those are good bikes, I just wish they would get some ideas of their own. Look at a picture of a V-Rod, then look at a picture of an M109. They look less alike in person, but you can't miss the copycat intent in a picture, and there is no doubt that the M109 was styled whilestaring at a V-Rod.I think the Japanese fired 90% of their design staff years ago and just said "Copy as much as you can from Harley and put in on the floor." I'm not somebody that bashes other brands or anybody's bike, but I get tired of seeing bikes that are absolute Harleyimitations ridden by people saying f*** H-D.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:45 AM
matkiwi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got an HD branded bike cover ? Put it over it !!

Old 04-28-2008, 08:50 AM
Skaarsgard
Cruiser

My brother rides a VROD. He tried out the M109 and said exactly the same thing that Joe said. Rides okay going forward but doesn't handle very well and isn't very stable. A buddy of mine is still planning on getting one, though I'm trying to talk him out of it. He's liable to splatter himself if that's really the case.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:10 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dawg Rider

Speaking of Boulevards, I met a guy in Georgia at a restaurant that was riding a Boulevard. He was finished eating and came out while I was looking at his bike. I told him he had a nice bike and he said he had owned HDs for years but they had nothing on the Boulevard. Don't know whether it was true or not but they must be a fairly nice scoot. It looked okay but I can't say I would choose one over a Harley.
I think those are good bikes, I just wish they would get some ideas of their own. Look at a picture of a V-Rod, then look at a picture of an M109. They look less alike in person, but you can't miss the copycat intent in a picture, and there is no doubt that the M109 was styled whilestaring at a V-Rod.I think the Japanese fired 90% of their design staff years ago and just said "Copy as much as you can from Harley and put in on the floor." I'm not somebody that bashes other brands or anybody's bike, but I get tired of seeing bikes that are absolute Harleyimitations ridden by people saying f*** H-D.
I agree. But you got to say it is good business sense... They must be saving a ton of money in the design department.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:34 AM
prlswabbie
Advanced

That's why they have the guardian bells I thought! lol. Glad he's alright though

Old 05-01-2008, 10:34 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

GUYS AN *** NOT TO LEAVE A NOTE OR TO THANK YOU AGAIN FOR HELPING HIM.......

Quick Reply: There's a SUZUKI BOULEVARD in my driveway!