Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

There's a SUZUKI BOULEVARD in my driveway!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 10:17 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: There's a SUZUKI BOULEVARD in my driveway!

i have a bunch of buddies that ride those M109 Suzuki bulivards..> FAST FAST BIKE!!!! but the 280 rear tire is just to much for some people and they can not turn them...i have seen two guys go down... way way to much power to go stait and not enough to go right and left

Old 04-27-2008, 10:37 AM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 39,817 Likes on 13,472 Posts

Good point about the wide rear tire,most riders don't realize just how much steering effect the rear tire has on the front and if it's worn out............?
ORIGINAL: JRK5892

i have a bunch of buddies that ride those M109 Suzuki bulivards..> FAST FAST BIKE!!!! but the 280 rear tire is just to much for some people and they can not turn them...i have seen two guys go down... way way to much power to go stait and not enough to go right and left

Old 04-27-2008, 12:32 PM
ZChan
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it's still rideable, then why didn't he ride it? I see so many people who go down in a minor scrape, shy away from the bike because it layed down on them. Glad that your a good guy, especially with the coffee,(maybe I'll crash in for some one day), but I usually encourage the guy, or girl as the case can be, to get back on it and go on their way. You'd never see an offroad bike waiting for a trailer if it's rideable. Streetbikes just have more stuff to get scratched up.

Old 04-27-2008, 12:45 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

man after your first wreck blood is pumping and you are just in a diff state of mind... when i laid down for my first time i had them bring a trailer... i was just shaking to bad and mind was not in the right place to be on two wheels... plus my bike was in about 1000 pieces... cow patty at 55 on a rocket leaning into twisties does not go well together... but on the other hand... if you are ever thown from a bike... a corn field does wonders at slowing your momentum as your fly though it... saved my life... and that was the FIRST time i laid down a bike...[&:]

Old 04-27-2008, 03:02 PM
GentlemanBiker
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad you laughed off the patch and helped the kid out. Concerning the patch, I've been on both sides of that particular fence. When you ride a metric cruiser, H-D is constantly hanging over your head. No matter how well, long, or far you ride or how well you wrench, there are people who act like you're a wannabe because you don't ride a Harley. So you end up with this subset of them who are consumed with justifying why they are on a metric and discounting the value and appeal of a Harley. It's pretty silly, really, but so is the attitude of some H-D riders when it comes to metrics and the people who ride them.

Old 04-27-2008, 03:07 PM
Splatter
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: ZChan
Glad that your a good guy, especially with the coffee,(maybe I'll crash in for some one day),
gives a whole new meaning to, "Let's go crash at Rawhide's place..."

Old 04-27-2008, 05:07 PM
YellowHawk
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad the guy was okay and glad you helped him out. Nevermind the patch....maybe you taught him something by helping him the way you did.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:09 PM
YellowHawk
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Speaking of Boulevards, I met a guy in Georgia at a restaurant that was riding a Boulevard. He was finished eating and came out while I was looking at his bike. I told him he had a nice bike and he said he had owned HDs for years but they had nothing on the Boulevard. Don't know whether it was true or not but they must be a fairly nice scoot. It looked okay but I can't say I would choose one over a Harley.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Delmarksman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Throw this at him...
Tell him that "he can only have his bike back if he let's you remove the patch from his vest."
Or
tell him that "you'll trade his bike for his patch."

Old 04-27-2008, 05:54 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 39,817 Likes on 13,472 Posts

You guys are cracking me up and it's 7PM NOW (SUNDAY) and the bike is still beside my garage.Do you think your harley would still be here?
ORIGINAL: Delmarksman

Throw this at him...
Tell him that "he can only have his bike back if he let's you remove the patch from his vest."
Or
tell him that "you'll trade his bike for his patch."

Quick Reply: There's a SUZUKI BOULEVARD in my driveway!