Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shockproof - BULL

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 08:26 AM
Dynamite17
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Shockproof - BULL

ORIGINAL: DougsDyna

ORIGINAL: Dynamite17

2007 Lowrider 3,500mi.

Took the advice of some members and replaced the transmission oil with Redline Shockproof. Drove 15-20 miles. (stuff looks like Pepto Bismol) I hear/feel absolutely no difference over the stock HD Forumula. A while back I replaced the HD dino oil with Mobil 1 VTwin. Again, I could not hear, feel, or notice any heat difference.

My conclusion, use whatever is conveniently available. No need to spend extra bucks on designer oils. Would probably run the same on peanut oil or Crisco. Dont believe the marketing nonsense.

That ought to cause a stir.

B

They are not designer oils. 15-20 miles is hardly enough miles to warm the tranny up. Try it out on a 300 mile day in hot weather.

Nothing wrong with HD Dino oil, except it is made by the enemy.

DougJ
I think the engine and tranny have warmed up to normal temp in about 10 minutes of driving in 70 deg temp

Especially given the fact the the engine was already warm when I replaced the fluid.

B

Old 04-26-2008, 08:28 AM
Dynamite17
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: bikerdog134

did you drain the old stuff first that ought to stor things up
Yeah, want me to send it to you for your next enema?

Old 04-26-2008, 10:46 AM
ericsenf
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2007 Lowrider 3,500mi.

Took the advice of some members and replaced the transmission oil with Redline Shockproof. Drove 15-20 miles. (stuff looks like Pepto Bismol) I hear/feel absolutely no difference over the stock HD Forumula. A while back I replaced the HD dino oil with Mobil 1 VTwin. Again, I could not hear, feel, or notice any heat difference.

My conclusion, use whatever is conveniently available. No need to spend extra bucks on designer oils. Would probably run the same on peanut oil or Crisco. Dont believe the marketing nonsense.

B
This is completely idiotic. Your philosophy can be used on many other things also. Stick on a set of cheap tires, 15-20 miles, you won't notice the difference, why spend extra on designer tires. Hell, why run premium gas; 15-20 miles on 87 octane 10% ethanol will be just fine for 15-20 miles, why spend extra on designer gas. Wow, I think you're onto something. You should send your revelation to any drag racing, formula racing, etc. magazine. Just think how much could be saved at the track on all that designer crap.

15-20 miles on a regular roads isn't enough to test fluids. Good fluids are about protecting things over thousands of miles or under hard riding conditions. With that said, if you have a bike that sits in the garage more than it rolls down the road, save yourself the money. If you drive it soft just putting around the block or to the local bar, save yourself the money. If you put thousands of miles on it and/or drive it hard, then good fluids will benefit you in the long run.

... stiring the other direction.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:50 AM
Bottomend
Banned

ORIGINAL: DougsDyna

2007 Lowrider 3,500mi.

B

They are not designer oils. 15-20 miles is hardly enough miles to warm the tranny up. Try it out on a 300 mile day in hot weather.

Nothing wrong with HD Dino oil, except it is made by the enemy.

DougJ
I think the engine and tranny have warmed up to normal temp in about 10 minutes of driving in 70 deg temp

Especially given the fact the the engine was already warm when I replaced the fluid.

B

Wrong....Again

Old 04-26-2008, 11:25 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

opinions are like ******** everyone has one.......i use redline in all 3 holes in my bike and like it better than any of the hd oils....

Old 04-26-2008, 12:16 PM
mp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Don't give a shirt what tranny fluid anyone uses, but the bike in fxdp's signature pic is a damn fine example of customizing a bike without doing anything stupid.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:04 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with all the data showing amsoil to be superior why would anyone use this anyway? just wondering

Old 04-26-2008, 03:54 PM
up in minot
Road Captain

Yeah, I used Mobil 1 in the eng & tranny, and Redline MTL in the primary. Going to Amsoil in all three next time...

Old 04-28-2008, 02:31 AM
SK8ROD
Banned

shock proof in the trans and its made a frickin HUGE difference, likewise with MCV in the crank, after about ten miles it was a new bike, really smoothed it all out. No bull, straight up, both have made a big difference to my Bob. I'm guessing you did it wrong.... that should stur thungs up.....

Old 04-28-2008, 03:55 AM
sprayandpray
Tourer

Ran mobil 1 75/90 in my transmission and my roomate noticed a difference when he rode it, I must say it is a very impressive placebo since I did'nt tell him I changed it............

"Must be breaking in , the transmission isn't clunking as much" Were his exact words.

Quick Reply: Shockproof - BULL