Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best handling dyna

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 09:35 PM
last saint
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by devils haircut
It sucks he got banned. The only thing cooler than his bike was his creepy molester avatar.

There is a set of FXDX 13" shocks on EBAY right now...I wonder if they are worth a look.?...
What did he get banned for??

Old 02-08-2009, 09:37 PM
devils haircut
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by last saint
What did he get banned for??
There was a thread about it...but it got locked cause some of us were talking ****.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:49 PM
sgt.tackleberry45
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FXDX. it is a sport model. for handling you want taller shocks, a NARROW front end, not a wide glide, beefy forks, mids, and drag bars. trust me, I ride the mountains, all the outlaws around here do it that way for a reason. you can also get things like a steering stabalizer that help with steering and speed wobbles. I am on a o7 street bob with 16 inch ape hangers and forward controls. I can out-ride a lot os guys on sprtbikes. it is mostly in the rider, and knowing your bike.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:44 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

I'm quite certain mine will compete with a stock FXDX when I'm done. I've got FXDX shocks on the rear, a Works front for kit on order, fork brace, and my dual brake kit will be here Tuesday. But yeah, as far as I know the FXDX is the best handling Dyna out there.

Although I must say I don't know why mids would handle better than forwards. The position of your foot controls shouldn't have any impact on how the bike itself handles.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:56 PM
The Reg
Intermediate

According to the 'experts' it's supposed to be the Fat Bob. But I'm sure he'd be happy with a Super Glide

Old 02-08-2009, 10:59 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MZBuckeye
I'm quite certain mine will compete with a stock FXDX when I'm done. I've got FXDX shocks on the rear, a Works front for kit on order, fork brace, and my dual brake kit will be here Tuesday. But yeah, as far as I know the FXDX is the best handling Dyna out there.

Although I must say I don't know why mids would handle better than forwards. The position of your foot controls shouldn't have any impact on how the bike itself handles.
Foot placement affects your overall positioning on the bike.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:08 PM
devils haircut
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MZBuckeye
It matters because the rider has the most impact on what the bike does...mids offer more control. Just think about how you lay back and lounge while watching a football game; it's more comfy than being in a three point stance. But the line men aren't lounging back. They are balanced and ready to control/throw their weight around. Some riders like relaxin' and cruizin'...others like to tear up the streets, and mids help better transfer rider input and maintain balance.

Originally Posted by The Reg
According to the 'experts' it's supposed to be the Fat Bob. But I'm sure he'd be happy with a Super Glide
For the most part, a dyna is a dyna is a dyna.
It's the little details that make the difference. Comparing stock dynas is kinda lame because most of us mod them anyway. So whatever variation of the same platform you started with doesn't really mater in the end...IMHO.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:13 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by devils haircut
For the most part, a dyna is a dyna is a dyna.
It's the little details that make the difference. Comparing stock dynas is kinda lame because most of us mod them anyway. So whatever variation of the same platform you started with doesn't really mater in the end...IMHO.
For me, it's all about choosing whatever is closest to your end state for the vision of the bike. I, for example, understand that black is better then chrome...so I went with a Street Bob.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:25 PM
FatBobRay
Tourer

Fatbob ... big front tire but less rake so it turns quick and the added plus of the big front tire is stability. I've come to Harley from a much bigger rice cruiser (Honda VTX 1800) and compaired to that the Dyna Fatbob feels like a small nimbal sport bike! And as mentioned a lot of "experts" have said the Fatbob is the best handling dyna in their reviews.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:01 AM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 75 Posts

If a Dyna is a Sportster on steroids then a Fatbob is a Dyna on speed.

Quick Reply: best handling dyna