Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best handling dyna

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 04:27 AM
Ribcracker
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: best handling dyna

having ridden most of the different dynas and owned afew of them over the years as well. Best handling is the fxdx or fxdx-t sport They are the same bike but the t-sport had bags and a windshield. They were th only ones fitted with fully adjustable suspension and the best brakes. They were desinged to be riden hard and fast. The t-sport was really aimed at the European market and I recon it was a bad move by harley to drop it from the range. To ride fast you need low bars and mid mounts , sadly at 6'2" and having a fubar knee I cant ride with them on Mine so it has to be forwards and keep bying new boots as I grind the heels away aroudn corners. Of the current crop if buying new best bet is to go for a base model dyan and then up grade the rear with progerssives and at the front go for the harley USd forks if your paying the stealer to do it at purchase time ....or do it yourself wiht the V-rod conversion or talk to Fast Harley about one of his front ends.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:39 AM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 40,071 Likes on 13,526 Posts
Default RE: best handling dyna

The FXD superglide is the lightest and best handling of the 07/08's (stock).It's styling is clean and simple.All the dynas are good though.He needs to test ride a few.He maybe should try some softtails if he likes the looks of them better.Sometimes what you think you want and what you really want are not te same thing.

Old 02-08-2009, 05:03 AM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

How do any of you guys figure the Wide Glide would be the best handling between the rake and bigger front rim? Not knocking it, but come on now...

If he's truly concerned with performance handling, he'll go with anything but a Fat Bob or Wide Glide...narrower tires and mid controls on the FXD, FXDC, FXDB, and FXDL.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:12 AM
Shag67
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I love the way my Street Bob handles, but it doesn't have much of a lean angle before you start scraping pegs. Yesterday I scraped the left peg bracket going through a hard left turn. My feet were on the highway pegs so I didn't feel the left mid-control foot-peg starting to scrape until it was too late and I heard the *crunch* of the metal bracket itself scraping. Which makes me wonder about what someone posted earlier in this thread, saying they have an aggressive riding style so they lowered their bike. Huh? That doesn't make sense to me. I also just came off of a crotch rocket (same one, gsx-r 750) as another poster on this thread. If all you're interested in is getting a Harley that can handle then I'd think the V-Rod would be the way to go. Tiny picture of the bracket scrape... nothing major obviously:

Old 02-08-2009, 08:35 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by bikerdog134
....what is the best handling dyna. thanks for your opinions
Any Dyna, fitted with a TrueTrack handling kit!

Old 02-08-2009, 08:57 AM
satosan
6th Gear

I like my FXDL (low rider) and I lowered the handle bars as well just using lower risers. Although the rice out handles it. Italian rice that is risotto. Aprilia!!! Or go with a Buell 1125 rotax engine and all. V-rod still has too much rake IMO.

Last edited by satosan; 02-08-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:12 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Shag67
Which makes me wonder about what someone posted earlier in this thread, saying they have an aggressive riding style so they lowered their bike. Huh? That doesn't make sense to me. I also just came off of a crotch rocket (same one, gsx-r 750) as another poster on this thread.
Yeah, that makes no sense to me either...for me the point is to actually have pretty decent handling, but you'll still get the "if you want it to look SICK you gotta slam the back end!!!!!!!111" comments...or the riders who try to drop the ride and still ride hard. I don't get it.

Old 02-08-2009, 03:43 PM
devils haircut
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rockon
Yeah, that makes no sense to me either...for me the point is to actually have pretty decent handling, but you'll still get the "if you want it to look SICK you gotta slam the back end!!!!!!!111" comments...or the riders who try to drop the ride and still ride hard. I don't get it.

Yeah...I love the look of a slammed rear end but I won't go any lower than a 12" rear shock. Take a picture of you favorite "sweet lookin' dyna"...and then set your's up to ride hard! You can drool over the lookers while still haveing a rideable machine.

Old 02-08-2009, 03:51 PM
devils haircut
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rockon
If he's truly concerned with performance handling, he'll go with anything but a Fat Bob...
Gotta disagree a little here. Some people feel the wider tires will track a little better. You get a drag bar instead of apes or buckhorns. PLUS (and this is a big one) you get dual front brakes!!! You can always buy slimmer tires if that's what you want when it comes time to change them. Good luck fitting dual disks on any other dyna without spending some serious dough.

...now this is assuming the the Fatbob in question was purchased with mid controls and not forwards.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:01 PM
FATBOB.
Tourer

Coming off a cbr1000rr 2005 and doing 180 mph on racing tracks, i have to say the FAT BOB.I TRYED nightrain and customs and really have to say the fat bob is the one. my friend put drag bars on his dyna super glide custom and he told me he had a better feel of his bike now....braking power with dual disc in the front, it helps on braking distance too.it is a great bike, nothing to say bad about the bike...the dealer,,,, well lets not go there.....

KEEP THE SHINY SIDE UP..

Quick Reply: best handling dyna