Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best handling dyna

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 06:09 PM
RKLeo
Road Master
Received 102 Likes on 27 Posts
Default RE: best handling dyna

I love my wide glide!!!!!!

That being said, cornering hard is no where near as easy as my old sporty.
I am sure its the longer wheel base and rake.
I just dont take the 10mph twistys at 50mph like I used to. I slowed down to about 35

If he is used to Rice cookers, Maybe he should look at sportys first.
My sportster was super fast and handled like it was a part of me. My next bike will be another sportster.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Drat
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

Like others said, have him rent each model. The seat of his pants will let him know the right choice. I chose the Super Glide due to my riding style and the fit. I liked all of the Dynas and each felt good in most situations. He will have to find the right one that will fit him. He may have to search, but some dealers that do rentals will let him try more than one if they know he is serious and that a sale could happen. Great to have another convert join the Dyna family.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:06 PM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 476 Likes on 278 Posts

No question about it; the FXDX/T's are the best all-around handling big twins. I've ridden the RK and the FXDWG as well as many metrics from V-Max to Repsol Honda and like my T-Sport the best for aggressive riding...even tried a couple of V-Rods but I kinda like having 100ft lbs at 2200rpm.....

'01 FXDXT
103 by HQ
some aluminum and composite
620lbs wet weight

[IMG]local://upfiles/32069/36E560B980B54DE9B98D03A7B6244572.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-23-2008, 08:28 PM
redalfa
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a 05 FXDCI, sold it for a Street Rod, missed the 05, tried to find a Dyna Glide Sport then the Fat Bobs came out so I now have the Fat Bob. Also have had several Ducati's and 2 BMW's......

Here are my impressions and why I wound up with the Fat Bob.

Sold the 05 Dyna because I wanted something faster with sportier handling. Bought the Street Rod, loved it for a while, super fast and handles well, but the seat is about 32" high, which is great for a light sportbike, but not so great with a 650+ lb bike, hard to handle at slow speeds, and hard to stop and control like a runaway freight train, at least for me.

So I yearned for the lower saddle and more laid back ride of the Dyna Glide. THen suddenly appeared the Fat Bob, little sportier than the 05 Dyna both in handling and speed, lower saddle than the Street Rodand much easier to control though not as fast as the Street Rod, and a comfortable cruiser.

I like the Fat Bob the best, and when I want to go really fast and crazy, I get on the 400lb sports bike......

Old 04-23-2008, 08:31 PM
fxdctom
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I traded my '07 Suzuki SV1000S in on a '08 Dyna Super Glide Custom and have been completely satisfied with my decision. My Dyna outweighs the Suzuki by over 300 pounds but I am totally comfortable tossing it around. I went with the FXDC because it comes with a lot of chrome and has a base price of $13K. The fuel injected 96 'ers has plenty of power to have fun. Not to mention easily tuned for even more.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Splatter
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't say which Dyna frame is the best, but I'm sure the best handling Dyna won't have Dunlops on it.Metzlers make my Super Glide super in the turns.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Ridinglow
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't overlook the different feeling that handlebars, seat, forward controls, shock settings,and tires make on handling. Also a grabby clutch and or brakes can make a bike feel much different, not to mention bags and a windshield.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:33 PM
BeavisRules
Road Master

What about the lowrider?

I have ridden my buddies lowrider and it is one of the smoothest bikes I have ever sat on.

Definately go to a dealer and see if you can take out a demo or two.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:12 AM
jbphoto
Road Warrior

My vote is for the street bob. Set up properly this is one of the best handling bikes that Harley makes.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:18 AM
dynasty
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Super Glide man. best to ride a couple though before laying down the cash.
good luck to him and congrats on getting him off those damn rice burners

Quick Reply: best handling dyna