Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 07:05 AM
cbennett
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat Bob Windshield

Hi, I have an '08 Fat Bob that I love. I put the Rush 1.75'" mufflers on it after advice from here and am happy there as well. I want a Windshield for the longer highway trips and was dissapointed to find that Memphis Shades doesn't make one that will fit and they have no plans to as of yesterday. I have had the Harley quick detach on my other bikes but was looking for something a little smaller. Any ideas?

Old 04-23-2008, 07:19 AM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fat Bob Windshield

I'm not a Fat Bob owner, nor do I play one on TV. But, I do have a Fat Bob dual headlight on my Wide Glide. I took my quick-release sport windshield to Rick's Plastics in Dallas and they widened the headlight hole for me for $25. Looks like a factory job. Maybe you can find a shop like Rick's near you. If not, ship it tp Rick. Hit me up for info if you need it.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:51 AM
MNrider
Tourer

I have the HD quick detach on my fat bob and it works really well. I wouldn't want to go any smaller, it might not do what it's intended for. I still get a lot of air from around it and it feels good. It mainly takes the wind pressure off my chest and eyes. I'm 5'-8" and i can still see over it. It is not the compact version. It's funny that the compact version is more expensive too.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:22 AM
NKYRider
3rd Gear

I have a Wind Vest on mine. A real quality product that is easy to mount. Looks Great! The HD shields were just too big for the Fat Bob. The Wind Vest keeps most of the wind off your chest with very little buffeting around the head/helmet. Here is a link with some pics on my Fat Bob. I have adjusted it down some where is is just above the headlights after taking these pics:

http://kyrider.smugmug.com/gallery/3...26223621_7EUGV

Mine is the 14" tinted shield. the link to wind Vest is www.windvest.com

Old 04-25-2008, 08:00 AM
cbennett
Intermediate

NKY, Thank you for taking your time to post some pictures. Our internet was down all yesterday so I could not reply. Does the small size of that windvest give a lot of protection? I would like to take the chest pressure away and also the feeling of my helmet being pulled off.
Thanks

Old 04-25-2008, 08:50 AM
NKYRider
3rd Gear

The Wind Vest definitely does the trick on the chest pressure and upper shoulders. I do not experience a lot of helmet buffeting. Some drag on the helmet at higher speeds say 70mph +.
I have not ridden in the rain yet but I would suspect it would provide minimalcoverage. My plan was to take it off as soon as it warms up but it looksgood enough to leave it on.

The people I talked to at Wind Vest were excellent. I was the first Fat Bob that bought from them so they were very interested in how it worked out. If youget one make sure you do not over tighten the windshield screws. If you do you can risk some cracks like any other windshield.
Make sure you useLockTite on the mounting screws.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:54 AM
roofer
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

windvest is the way to go best looking check ebay

Old 04-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Bat
Cruiser

I called windvest a week or so ago and they said that they were not providing anymore FXDF windsheilds until they re-worked/re-desined the mounting hardware. She mentioned that it would be about 3 weeks. I have not followed-up.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Bat
Cruiser

looks like I called them (windvest) on the 15th (4/15) right after I got off the phone with Memphis Shades.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:00 PM
FatHogRider
Cruiser

I have the HD quick release but this looks really nice! Well if mine ever gets stolen or I need a replacement I think I would opt for this one.. Thanks for posting pics

ORIGINAL: NKYRider

I have a Wind Vest on mine. A real quality product that is easy to mount. Looks Great! The HD shields were just too big for the Fat Bob. The Wind Vest keeps most of the wind off your chest with very little buffeting around the head/helmet. Here is a link with some pics on my Fat Bob. I have adjusted it down some where is is just above the headlights after taking these pics:

http://kyrider.smugmug.com/gallery/3...26223621_7EUGV

Mine is the 14" tinted shield. the link to wind Vest is www.windvest.com

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Windshield