Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheesy alarm chirp question

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008 | 12:53 PM
Sneaky
|
Novice
Default Cheesy alarm chirp question

Hey guys, got a question. Maybe the answer is somewhere in the forum but I couldn't find it. Anyways, the factory alarm on my '07 Street Bob chirps when it arms and disarms. If you ask me, that's a little cheesy... The manual has instructions to turn it off for "international models." I couldn't get it to work on mine. Is there any way to turn the chirp off?

Old 04-22-2008 | 01:16 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Default RE: Cheesy alarm chirp question

I was gonna say I saw the instructions in the owner manual but I guess you already looked there.

At least it isn't as cheesy as not having a siren at all. I bet those blinking turn signals will scare anyone away from my bike. [:'(]

Old 04-22-2008 | 03:01 PM
joe.1955
Stellar HDF Member

According to my '08 manual:

Chirpless Mode, the siren does not chirp on arming or disarming.

Switching Modes:
1. With the fob present, the ignition switchON and the system disarmed, turn the ignition switch OFF.
2. When the system arms (2 flashes of turn signals). immediately turn the ignition switch back ON.
3. Wait until the security lamp goes out, then immediately turn the ignition switch OFF.
4. When the system arms (2 flashes of turn signals), immediately turn the ignition switch ON and wait for system to disarm.

Repeating the process reenables the chirp mode.

Let us know if it works...

Old 04-22-2008 | 03:05 PM
JRK5892
Banned

I swapped the siren on mine and put a high intensity alarm on my bike... it is LOUD!

Old 04-22-2008 | 05:58 PM
up in minot
Road Captain

Yeah, I am one of the cheap-o's to get the "sirenless" ones. Those blinking lights scare NO ONE, my 3 year old daughter loves to watch 'em though, but at least the starter gets disabled still...Not likea coulple guys who really wanted it and had two skateboards couldn't have it though... Guess that's true for ANY bike.

Old 04-22-2008 | 06:07 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

I also have the pager that lets me know if someone is moving my bike. And it doesn't take much movement without that FOB nearby to activate it. A couple of my buddies were screwing with me last year at Laconia. They wanted to see how long it would take to get me out of the hotel so they sat on my bike and shook it. I was in bed and heard my pager going off. I cleared the 2nd floor in seconds. Bastards!

Old 04-22-2008 | 06:25 PM
Sneaky
|
Novice

Ok I tried the instructions in the manual about15 times and no luck......

Old 04-22-2008 | 06:40 PM
joe.1955
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Sneaky

Ok I tried the instructions in the manual about15 times and no luck......
Sorry to hear that.

I should get mine back from the shop in a couple of hours and I'l try it out.

Hard to believe there is a difference between the '07 and '08 model alarms, but I guess it's possible since it wasn't in your manual.

Old 04-22-2008 | 06:58 PM
wolfydude
Cruiser

Not sure if this will help or not.
I wanted to change a setting on my 2007 FXDC alarm,after about 6 tries i gave up.later on that day i thought i would try again,this time i was able to change my alrm settings no probs,the only thing i done differemt this time was put the key in the ignition and turn the ignition on,then i set the key far enough away from the bike so it wouldnt activate anything,then done what it told me in my manual and it seemed to work.
Wolfy

Old 04-22-2008 | 07:50 PM
up in minot
Road Captain

Jake - WAY too fn' funny man!!! Not if it happened to me, but since it didn't...FUNNY F&*KING SH*T!!!!

Quick Reply: Cheesy alarm chirp question