Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddle bags on Street Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 12:31 AM
ZFowler04
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saddle bags on Street Bob?

I am going to be taking some long road trips and want to put saddle bags on my street bob... The dealerships want 600 bucks for bolt ons, Ive been looking online and have seen many throw overs for 80 to 200 bucks? Please give me some advice and let me know if you have em and how they look! Thanks

Old 04-22-2008, 12:47 AM
HarleypsychRN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Saddle bags on Street Bob?

Saddle bags have come a long way in the last couple years. They make detachable leather bags now, and of course throwovers that have been around forever. I had a set of Dyna Big bags on my 2000 for years and I NEVER liked them...it was a compromise because the wifey had to carry her makeup stuff, purse, etc. I was so glad when I finally could take them off and if Chesapeake HD ever gets off it's duff and gets done with my bike...I'll get some pics posted of this years' mods I'll post some pics. Here's some before pics...

Old 04-22-2008, 06:31 AM
bikerdog134
Road Master

or if you have a sissy bar ,you could go wity T bags

Old 04-22-2008, 07:40 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member

i like the throwovers... they are easy on and easy off... but if you have to buy or make a support/guard bracket this may take some time to take off. J&P sells a one bolt support/guard bracket that i think could work, may need some alterations so the bags would lay correctly or mount correctly.

i am also looking to get some throwovers for my SB... look for some compact slant bags that would mount between the shock and the turn signals, so you dont need to relocate them, saves money. i am looking at river road (www.riverroadgear.com) "QUICK RELEASE SLANT MEDIUM CLASSIC" bags for my Bob... i think they would work great...

steelcowboy has them on his bike... i think these are the same one and they look great on his Bike...

Old 04-22-2008, 08:05 AM
ozfree
Cruiser

I was thinking of putting bags on mybobbah but I just love the look of it stripped down in all its glory. I think bags will ruin the look that I'm lovin' right now. I know detachable bags would be the way to go but, nah......not this season.

Iwear a backpackif I'm doing the weekend thing.

The other thought crossed my mind to get a Softail Deluxe (windshield,bags, etc)for long trips and keep my hot rod for shorter ones.....but that's a few years down the road at least.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:19 AM
hdfamily
Advanced

Check out the saddlebag supports here, http://www.khromewerks.com/u have to click on new products & scroll down to them. I ordered these & took bracket out from behind turn signal & remounted in original spot. Got a set of throwover bags from J&P. Work great

Old 04-22-2008, 08:24 AM
CK Bobber
Cruiser

I've got leatherworks slant bags on easy bracket mounts on my 06 and I love them. They were considerably cheaper than the stealers brand and are very high craftmanship. The leather is very thick and there are a ton of options you can get. Everything from external pockets to locks. The have the quick release buckles on the straps which make it a snap (pun intended) to open and close. I think they look great on my Bob...... Different but still great. I'll try to get pics this afternoon when I get home.

I need to get some pics on here anyway.....

Old 04-22-2008, 08:32 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i have throw overs that i bolt on to the quick detach hardware for my sissy bar... BOOM for the price of a set of thow overs i have quick detach saddle bags!

Old 04-22-2008, 08:40 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member

hdfam... i ordered a set similar from J&P months ago and they didnt fit correctly, it was supposted to space my turn signals out more with a round shaft and my signal shafts are wing shaped. which i didnt like, maybe i was looking at it wrong, but i sent it back anyway. i like the one bolt mounts because you can go back to the stripped down look all us Street Bob owners love more quickly!!! plus the one bolt mounts are a little cheaper.

i think steelcowboy has posted in another thread about saddlebags that is on the front page too... go to there and check out his signature to see his bags. i like them, but ebay is dry on them as of now... i have contacted a seller, which is an hd dealer, thats has them in stock... may see those bags on there in a few.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:52 AM
tazman509
Road Captain

I personally would go with a backrest and a T-bag. JMO

Quick Reply: Saddle bags on Street Bob?