Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many street bob owners wished they bought a Wide Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008 | 01:01 PM
huaust3
Intermediate
Default RE: How many street bob owners wished they bought a Wide Glide?

I'm very happy with my Bob...but I have never ridden any other Harley, so maybe once I have tried other bikes I'll change my mind. Good thing I am rich so I can change bikes easily in the future! <g>

[IMG]local://upfiles/47689/F04C08F7CFC64D23A231CDD20B4866E7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-24-2008 | 12:20 AM
HarleypsychRN
Road Master

Unfortunately, I do have to agree the WG is pretty passe at this point. You see many more of the Fat Bobs and newer dynas out there. I think they're pretty much committed to keeping the Low Rider going because of it's history. The Super Glide is the entry point for the family (although they never did ANYTHING for me (IMHO). I'm glad they're been shaking things up in the dyna family. I was starting to worry for a while it was going to suffer from neglect, but they've brought it along nicely in the last few years.

Old 04-24-2008 | 12:53 AM
Bluetoys
Road Master

When I bought my Street Bob, I could have bought any harley on the floor. I had always wanted a Wide glide. I researched the models I liked, those being the Wide Glide, Street bob and a Road King. It came down to a WG and the Bob, I didn't care for the "heavy" looking front end on the road king. I looked the specs over and compared the prices. I decided I really liked the solo seat look and the forward controls. I also know that because the WGs push into a corner, the Bob would handle better. I decided I could outfit the Bob with the features I wanted for less than the price of the WG, have better handling, and it was the bike with the most rake, other than the WG. The cincher was that I liked the look of the WG rear fenders, but HD changed the rear fender too much in 2006 and I didn't like what they had done to it. I have never regretted buying the Bob over any other model.

Old 04-24-2008 | 01:26 AM
gnip
Cruiser

I was thinking Triumph, but found Street Bob, this is pretty old school without the chorme.

Chorme?? Is that the gray stuff thatmy son thinks looks like plastic?