Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't Decide, New or Used Street Bob. HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 07:04 PM
BLade1127
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Can't Decide, New or Used Street Bob. HELP!!!

That's not enough miles to worry about for 2-up. I do it all the time. Get the '06.

None of us have lives, so we spend all our time onhere!!

Honestly, just stay in here, and you'll learn alot and meet some awesome people.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:17 PM
lee
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get the 06 & then go to the 50buck thread,have fun

Old 04-19-2008, 07:24 PM
BeavisRules
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

****** it up!!

My 06 will spank the snot out of most bikes on the road and you can take the money you saved and put it into gas.

BTW - My wife rides occasionally and the first time she rode on the back of the bike she yelled in my ear, "I like this bike, it vibrates in a really good spot!". Added bonus and it didn't cost me anything.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:25 PM
woolf
Intermediate

Holy crap, there's a $50 thread. Anyway to get a discount? Ohhh, $50 mod thread, gotcha.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:13 PM
Jehu
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,114 Likes on 626 Posts

Hmmmmmm, I thinkin' of selling my 2007 Street Bob and my son is sorta int he market maybe for a Buell. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

My '07 has S/E air filter, Thunderheader exhaust and a Power Commander. I have a Memphis Shades detachable winshield, chrome highway pegs and a comfortable Mustang two-up seat on her.

I don't know if you were goign to sell/trade the Buell but you and I should talk.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:42 PM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

Definitely go used with an '06 or '07, or else a leftover '07 St Bob. Yes, there are still some around, just maybe not in your color, but well worth the travel to find one as prices on the leftovers are dirt cheap around 12k. Reason why not to get a new '08, besides what others have said? The f***in' integrated risers with the top triple clamp - real stupid idea on the moco's part imo. Sure, you can get around it, but at what cost?

Old 04-19-2008, 09:47 PM
Sneaky
Novice

I'd go for the '06. Or at least look around at other used bikes. You can always find good deals on used bikes. I bought my '07 Street Bob from a friend. It had a few thousand worth of parts and accessories, plus the 7 year warranty. Had just over 6K miles. He had about $20K total in the bike. He bought a rigid and didn't want the note anymore. I got it for $12K. I feel like I stole it...

Old 04-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Sneaky

I'd go for the '06. Or at least look around at other used bikes. You can always find good deals on used bikes. I bought my '07 Street Bob from a friend. It had a few thousand worth of parts and accessories, plus the 7 year warranty. Had just over 6K miles. He had about $20K total in the bike. He bought a rigid and didn't want the note anymore. I got it for $12K. I feel like I stole it...
You did!!! And I'm sure ya ride it that way too! Good deal for you! See? They are out there.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:15 PM
Kuniskis
Intermediate

I agree with everyone else -- get the '06. The you'll never notice the difference between the 88 and the 96 .. especially if you do any mods. Plus, the intgrated risers are aMOCO f'you for anone that wants to customize.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:17 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Well, this may sound repetitive, but I say go for the 06'. I bought my bike in October of 07' and it was a 2006 model with only 570 miles on it. My odometer reads 10,900 and I'd say about 5,000 of those miles was with the woman and she has never complained. Very smooth ride, and handles awesome. Go for it!!

Cheers,
Adrian

Quick Reply: Can't Decide, New or Used Street Bob. HELP!!!