Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need a comfy 2 up seat for my wife. Feedback needed from you or your wife/girl etc...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 05:46 PM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default I need a comfy 2 up seat for my wife. Feedback needed from you or your wife/girl etc...

Does any one have any experience with this seat?
I like the look of it. I will add a sissy baras well, and I think the seat will match it nicely.
Link below:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

I need a comfy 2 up seat for my wife and obviously I have no experience with that portion of any 2 up.
Need feedback from you guys and your girls.

In short,
Which 2 up seat is going to make my wife a happy passenger?

Thanks for all and any input.

Cheers,

Tom

Old 04-19-2008, 06:13 PM
davidc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: I need a comfy 2 up seat for my wife. Feedback needed from you or your wife/girl etc...

I have a Mustang seat on my SG this is my second Mustang seat I had one on my Sportster. My wife and I like it alot we have done a few 300-400 mile days on it. I looked at a sundowner when I had my Sportster but found the quality of the Mustang seat better. It costs a bit more but to me it is worth it.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:50 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: I need a comfy 2 up seat for my wife. Feedback needed from you or your wife/girl etc...

If you want to/have to stick with the MoCo stuff, I have a Rallyrunner that works pretty good or the wife and I.
It's not the cheapest, you can find others that are.
And it's not the lowest profile, but it adds lower back support for me, and the passenger area is a pretty comfortable for her.
Not sure how far you'll be riding 2-up, we've gone no more than 100 miles a day and I've heard no complaints.
And with a sissy bar, you don't notice the thickness of the passenger part.
It's in my sig pic.
JMO, YMMV.............

Old 04-19-2008, 07:07 PM
dougm1950
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: davidc

I have a Mustang seat on my SG this is my second Mustang seat I had one on my Sportster. My wife and I like it alot we have done a few 300-400 mile days on it. I looked at a sundowner when I had my Sportster but found the quality of the Mustang seat better. It costs a bit more but to me it is worth it.
+1 on the Mustang seat, put one on my FXDL. They have many different styles and they are very comfortable.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:10 PM
XKROME
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I have Mustang Vintage Wide front and rear and we both like them and it's 2 piece so you can go solo with 1 screw. found them both on ebay.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:13 PM
greg3131
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Zerofivefour,

That "pillow-look" seat looks like it will rip and tear with wear.......

I would get the touring or sundowner seat....... My 2 cents.

Greg 07 fxdb

Old 04-19-2008, 07:26 PM
NEFXDXT
Cruiser

We have the Sundowner on our Fatbob. Normally during the week I run the stock seat, we just took a short ride with the stock seat on, I've been asked nicely to make sure the sundowner is on next time we go out.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:35 PM
Razzdad
Intermediate

Sundowner!
Joe

Old 04-20-2008, 06:58 AM
Kims toy
Cruiser

I bought a used Sundowner from a member on here.
Great deal, and worth a try, as I didn't know what to get!
Both wife and I love it.
More seat area for her and better support for me.
Look for a used one and try it, if you don't like it, your not out a lot of $$$$.
Sell it and try another.

Good Luck!

Kim

Old 04-20-2008, 07:12 AM
firefighter3666
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a Corbin Dual Tour and love it. If you get the back rest with it (works for either rider or passenger) then you don't have to fight with the install of a sissybar. Corbin's are pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Quick Reply: I need a comfy 2 up seat for my wife. Feedback needed from you or your wife/girl etc...