Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ironbag pics+clearview shield

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008 | 08:55 AM
dsavage
|
Advanced
Default ironbag pics+clearview shield

pics of my bob with ironbags and wide clearview shield

you can see the recurve in the side pic of the shield. Haven't taken a ride yet but will in a bit.

Old 04-19-2008 | 09:13 AM
twofish
Road Master
Default RE: ironbag pics+clearview shield

I like those bags.
They look better than I expected on a SB.
Where did you get them?

Old 04-19-2008 | 09:25 AM
BLade1127
Road Warrior

Bags look great

Old 04-19-2008 | 09:40 AM
dsavage
|
Advanced

you can order directly from ironbags.com. Talk to donna, she's great. FYI,they are not detachable and they don't recommend that you try to do that. They are very heavy and they mount with a u-shaped piece of metal up under the fender. Very sturdy,you could carry any amount of weight in these bags. The pics can't show how well these bags are made,just top quality on everything and very thick leather. They come with a leather care kit. They aren't cheap but worth the money.

Old 04-19-2008 | 10:04 AM
DougM
Tourer

Savage, the bags look great! I like the "vintage" look the have to them. Real nice. I'll have to check those out a little more if I choose to go with bags. Good lookin' bike!

Old 04-19-2008 | 10:41 AM
05DYNALOW
Novice

D, bags look the nuts, no pun intended. Don't know if you've ridden it at night with the wshield on yet,but you may want to consider relocating your front turn signals down to your lower triple tree because I found the back-flash from the lights off the windshield to be annoying. The relo kit for my 05 low was only $29.00. I also happen to think they look a hellava lot better down there. Relo job was easy. Windshield looks great too. Nice touch on the back curve. Does that add a higher wind buffer zone over your head. That would also be a nice option for people who've cut down theirwindshields too much and find their face getting hit bythe buffer.

Old 04-19-2008 | 10:52 AM
wescoot2
Road Master

Just to attest to the quality of iron bags, these are a different style which I have mounted on my Wide Glide. They are 8 years old, and have over 60k miles on them and have been exposed to all types of weather.

Old 04-19-2008 | 05:42 PM
dsavage
|
Advanced

Took a ride today with the clearview. Much better than the compact I had on there before. I had mine cut to 16 inches tall from the headlight so I am looking over it and yes, the recurve makes the shield seem as if it is taller. It is supposed to be 4 inches wider than stock but I had them smooth the bottom also. Their stock 4 inch wider shield is really squared off at the bottom and it looked like a sail on the bike. I told them to save the measurements for dynas,I don't think anyone would want it that wide at the bottom. They offer a 2 inch and a 4 inch wider than stock version but will cut to any shape or height you want. By the way, it is much thicker than the stock shield with none of the rainbow effect. Your other option is memphis shades replacement plastic but they only offer the stock width with different heights. My last bike had a memphis fats, very good shield. I like my windshields low and fat so clearview was the only one that would customize. 153.00 +30.00 for custom cut+35.00for shipping

Old 04-20-2008 | 11:11 AM
rcjoy2
Intermediate

Going to Myrtle or playing golf?