Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Began dismantling my narrow glide this afternoon

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008 | 11:17 AM
JRK5892
Banned

man that looks awesome! fantastic job! that tire just KILLS MAN! awesome... very nicely done!

Old 10-08-2008 | 11:33 AM
wwgg2
Intermediate

Real nice job on the bike!!
When I bought my 95 FXDWG a few months ago it had a 21X4 80 twisted spoke wheel
with a Metzeler 120X70X21 tire on it. I never rode one with the small tire on but I seem
to like the way it works.

Old 10-09-2008 | 06:31 AM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior

Nice work . Are you gonna go fenderless?

(And is it now a Fat Glide or a Super Boy?)

Old 10-09-2008 | 08:54 AM
SURFOR Chop
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dawg Rider
And is it now a Fat Glide or a Super Boy?
Thanks for the positive comments everyone!

I bought a Heritage type fender on flea-bay a couple of days ago and it is actually in the mail (UPS) currently.

Also, I've found a set of tins (that cover the triple trees) and driving lamps/turn signal/"hammock" bracket that I plan to put on it. I am sure it will change the overall look pretty significantly.

A few people have actually seen it over the last couple of days and asked me which model it was, to which I've replied Super Glide. I've seen some pretty strange looks to that reply ... maybe I should tell them some made up name! You have a preference for Fat Glide or Super Boy? I've begun to think of it as a FLDI ....

R/
Priest

Old 10-09-2008 | 10:06 AM
thomaskray
Road Master

Fat Glide sounds pretty cool. I wanna do this to mine as well. Hate the narrow front end on my SuperG.

Old 10-30-2008 | 01:05 AM
SURFOR Chop
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Priest

I bought a Heritage type fender on flea-bay ....

Driving lamps/turn signal/"hammock" bracket should be here by the end of the week.

The fender looked a little unfinished, until I just got the front fender tip trim piece. I wanted the Softail Deluxe one, but couldn't locate the part number when I was ordering, so I got the Road King Classic style trim piece. Then I went ahead and got the Road King Classic rear fender skirt, too. Looks pretty good to me, but it takes away from the "RAT ROD" look I was going with there for a few days! [LOL]

I also took delivery of the engine guard I ordered. It is slightly off on the measurements for a direct bolt on, but close enough that I already have a 'work around' figured out and should have it mounted by the weekend.

I think the passing lamp assembly will be here by Friday and think my fairing will be here, too. Not sure how long it'll take to get my lower fairings, but I don't think it'll be too much longer.

Within about a week or less, the front half of my bike should look pretty much like an Ultra Classic. I am thinking (expecting) my commute will be much more comfortable!

Now, this way I won't have to write one of those "sorry guys I bought a bagger so won't be hanging out on the Dyna forum" threads! [J/K]

R/
Priest

Attached Thumbnails  Began dismantling my narrow glide this afternoon-fender-with-trim.jpg    Began dismantling my narrow glide this afternoon-fender-skirt.jpg    Began dismantling my narrow glide this afternoon-engine-guard.jpg  
Old 05-29-2010 | 10:42 PM
SURFOR Chop
|
Elite HDF Member
Default New photos that show FLST triple trees

Took a couple photos today of the triple trees while I had the front end dismanted ....

One photo shows the 'tabs' fore and aft on the lower triple tree on which the 'cow bells' (also known as 'beer cans') are attached ... the other photo shows the threaded holes on the outer edges of the upper and lower triple trees where the fork tins themselves are attached ... two screws go on each side (one each top and bottom) ....

The QD windshield attachment is just longer screws with a hard rubber keeper for the upper and lower attachment points of the windshield bracket ... my fairing goes on the same way using the QD windshield hardware kit ....

R/
'Chop

Attached Thumbnails  Began dismantling my narrow glide this afternoon-photo041.jpg    Began dismantling my narrow glide this afternoon-photo042.jpg  

Last edited by SURFOR Chop; 11-01-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-01-2010 | 08:49 PM
SURFOR Chop
|
Elite HDF Member

Added a few of the photos back to a couple of the earlier posts ....

R/
'Chop

Old 08-27-2012 | 09:16 PM
alwaystinkerin
6th Gear

Surforchop great build man how did you do your boards and also is an 06 fxdli a good candidate for this build. Thanx in advance..

Old 08-28-2012 | 01:18 AM
SURFOR Chop
|
Elite HDF Member

Here's a 'how to' thread I did on the floorboards ... https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...na-photos.html

THX for the props ... a number of guys have done the same front end transformation on '06 and later Dynas ...

You might check this 'social group' ... there's a lot of info there ... https://www.hdforums.com/forum/group...est-group.html

Quick Reply: Began dismantling my narrow glide this afternoon