Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Began dismantling my narrow glide this afternoon

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008 | 08:54 PM
XKROME
Road Master
Default RE: Began dismantling my narrow glide this afternoon

I've been thinking about this mod since my bike was new but with the whole front end, wheel, tire, fender, tins, everything except the bars. would be interested to see a pic of something even close to this on a Dynaif anyone can find one.

Old 04-30-2008 | 09:06 PM
DiggerD
Tourer

ORIGINAL: XKROME

I've been thinking about this mod since my bike was new but with the whole front end, wheel, tire, fender, tins, everything except the bars. would be interested to see a pic of something even close to this on a Dynaif anyone can find one.
There is a site with exactly what you described, but I cannot remember where I saw it. The guy who did it goes into detail about the project and has alot of pics. I will try to find it if I can but it was a while back that I saw it.

DD

Old 04-30-2008 | 10:58 PM
XKROME
Road Master

ORIGINAL: DiggerD

ORIGINAL: XKROME

There is a site with exactly what you described, but I cannot remember where I saw it. The guy who did it goes into detail about the project and has alot of pics. I will try to find it if I can but it was a while back that I saw it.

DD
thanks man

Old 05-02-2008 | 04:07 PM
SURFOR Chop
|
Elite HDF Member

The link below is to a guy who converted his '03 Wide Glide to a Fat Boy front end. Has some great photos documenting it and a lot of really good gouge. I followed a lot of it to do my project (such as it is, to date). I e-mailed hima couple of questions and he was really helpful.

I did a couple of things different. He removed his rear wheel and fender, etc. for access to the wiring loop. I just removed the seat, cut the zip-tie and fed the wiring through the frame backbone. (I also removed my battery, and the braket.) The clearance is really tight, so I'm sureif I hadremoved the rear tire and fender it would've been easier, but I was able to do it my way. Also, I "re-stowed" my service loop back as I found it (more or less) under the seat.

Also, he was able to reuse his original FXDWG fork tubes (41mm) which are a little longer than the FLSTF tubes, so his front forks are a little more stretched out than mine will end up (by a couple of inches maybe).

For the time being, my plan is to just reutilize my stock FXDI risers and 'cyclops' speedo. Eventually I plan to replace my tank with a 5.5 - 6 gal tank and move the speedo to a tank-mounted console.

R/
Priest

http://www.kenandjudy.us/MyHarley.htm(then double click the "FLH Front End" button)

Old 05-02-2008 | 04:18 PM
DiggerD
Tourer

Yes that is the link I was thinking about. I read the whole thing when I was researching possible frontend builds and was thisclose to doing the same to mine.

Old 05-02-2008 | 06:44 PM
XKROME
Road Master

thanks, i saw a Fat Boy front end on ebay a while ago and have been wondering about it ever since. now i have to decide if i want to take the plunge... and i just did a bunch of mods to the front end this winter...but i really like the fat look...decisions, decisions[:-]

Old 05-02-2008 | 08:17 PM
SURFOR Chop
|
Elite HDF Member

You can usually findFLST front endson e-bay for about $500-$600 dollar range depending on what's included. I wouldn't pay much more than that since you can buy them from V-Twin (or equivalent) catalog newfor approximately $750.

R/
Priest

Old 07-13-2008 | 10:28 AM
SURFOR Chop
|
Elite HDF Member

Hello everyone:

Checking in from deployment to WestPAC and SE Asiacurrently operating in the Gulf of Thailand.&nbsp\\; Been gone just under three months ... had to pop in and take a look at my project and say 'hi!'&nbsp\\; How&nbsp\\;is the riding this summer?
&nbsp\\;
Best regards,
Priest

[IMG]local://upfiles/29151/4349CBA46D55499CA98D0E26FE69AE15.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-13-2008 | 02:35 PM
mud
muderator

ORIGINAL: Priest

Hello everyone:

Checking in from deployment to WestPAC and SE Asiacurrently operating in the Gulf of Thailand.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Been gone just under three months ... had to pop in and take a look at my project and say 'hi!'&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; How&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;is the riding this summer?
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Best regards,
Priest

[IMG]local://upfiles/29151/4349CBA46D55499CA98D0E26FE69AE15.jpg[/IMG]

Good to hear from you mr. priest.
Hope things are going well over there in the Far East.

When ya getting back so we can see the finished product??

mud

Old 07-14-2008 | 08:56 AM
JRK5892
Banned

ahhh man that is going to look great!

Quick Reply: Began dismantling my narrow glide this afternoon