Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

same ol ? over &over

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 03:24 PM
dynamolowrider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default same ol ? over &over

just wanted to take the time to thank all of the long timers on this forum. if i would of took the time to learn how to use this place i would of saw thers not a? that hasent been asked thanks agin for typin the same ol answer

Old 02-12-2006, 06:58 PM
VatoLoco
Advanced
Default RE: same ol ? over &over

Here here! I've learned more than I could ask for from these guys and their patience with us newbs is much appreciated. Thanks alot guys, I hope to see you on the road some day!

Old 02-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Thanks guys,

Us old guys really appreciate the compliments. This is a great forum and I don't care if the same question gets asked a thousand times. We'll keep answering it.

Old 02-12-2006, 10:49 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: terryt1955

Thanks guys,

Us old guys really appreciate the compliments. This is a great forum and I don't care if the same question gets asked a thousand times. We'll keep answering it.
That's really refreshing...is there anything worse than going out to a forum to ask for help with something only to have some arrogant douchbag tell you it's been answered a million times already. Well, you know what..so what. The whole point is that these boards would be the FIRST place I'm gonna go for help before I investigate further. I don't necessarily want to be searching thousands of posts to find an answer to something. Sure, I'll do a quick search, but if I don't find an answer in 5 minutes or so, I'm posting. And I'll always be willing to answer someone's question (if I have an answer)...even if I've answered the same question 5 minutes before.
I've been a member of quite a few message boards, and usually I'm gone before I can even really get to know anyone...for the exact reason I mentioned above.
I'm happy to say that I think I'll be around here for a long time to come!

I second dynamo's comments. Thanks everyone!

Todd

Old 02-12-2006, 11:06 PM
RudeDog
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

These guys have helped me and I've kept coming back. I don't post too much but I read ALOT!!!

I APPRECIATE THE HELP TONS!!! Even if it's directed toward 1 person, more than 1 person benefits from the answer (if they read the answer, which I do).

Theres alot of info on this site and in different views of different people which means alot.

THANKS GUYS!!!

Old 02-12-2006, 11:09 PM
WildBill76
Tourer

I want to Thank everyone who has added to this forum. I have ridden for over 30 years and I learn more everytime I ride. This forum has increased my knowlege on how to allow my ride to last longer.

Old 02-12-2006, 11:14 PM
iwant1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Count me in too. You HD Gurus rock.

The wealth of advice has helped me greatly, and I'm sure similar, if not the same questions have been asked previously

I'll pay it forwards when I can...

Old 02-13-2006, 12:46 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

ORIGINAL: veniculum

ORIGINAL: terryt1955

Thanks guys,

That's really refreshing...is there anything worse than going out to a forum to ask for help with something only to have some arrogant douchbag tell you it's been answered a million times already.

Todd
It really doesn't matter how many times a question has been asked, people with questions should be able to get answers. Another point is, new people come here all the time, and they will sometimes have a different perspective or thought on a subject. Just doing a search will get you the old answers, but not the offering that someone new might have.

Regards,

Bill

Old 02-14-2006, 12:31 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

Dynamo, you don't how timely your post was! I've been scrolling thru the posts pretty quickly here lately. Work, school, and the normal chores on a country place have been wearin' on me, and cutting into my enjoyment of the forums. And when ya gets a little tired, sometimes seein' the same ol' same ol' come up time and again gets a little frustrating.

Anyway, thanks a lot. I appreciate it!

Old 02-14-2006, 12:41 AM
kpreese
Road Captain

Yeah, I understand people that get frustrated by repetitive questions, but they aren't repetitive for the person asking the question (let's hope). And I don't mind if those frustrated people *nicely* suggest that they do some searching.

But . . if we only post about new stuff, geez there wouldn't be much to talk about. This forum is very tolerant and it seems most people like kicking the same stone over a few times in case something new turns up. That says a lot about the folks that use this forum.

Besides, most threads veer off course and get interesting. And I dont' mean flames, they just turn up a new product or a new idea or even just dig up an old gem.

Thanks!
Kevin

Quick Reply: same ol ? over &over