Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 06:49 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default PLEASE READ

hey ya'll i dont want to be an @$$ but man the same questions seemed to get asked OVER AND OVER... so much so that it has chased off some of the best people for advice!!! PLEASE i know alot of ya'll are new... there is a seach tab on the top right above your inbox tab... please use it... now i dont want to sound like di#% but the same ? gets old... i use the search tab daily... and i know that i have got several PM's from people not only on our section but others asking if anyone knew how to use the tab cause it seems like the same thead is getting started over and over... i would really like to see some of the older members that where on here when i first joined up come back... when we first had our bikes there was NOTHING out for them so we had to make all of the stuff we wanted and there is some bad @$$ tips and how to's floating out there... Please use the SEARCH ENGINE... PLEASE
sorry please dont take this as me bitching... although it kind of is... ha ha ha and my latest mod i have been using the sewing machine... ahh what is happening to me! i have to go kill somethign and eat it raw... maybe drink some gasoline... man stuff

Old 04-13-2008, 07:38 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: PLEASE READ

If you have a question that has been asked before, pm me then. I don't mind answering again. No, I'm certainly not the best go-to guy for advice but I do recognize that people come and go to places like this all the time and you don't always know what's been asked before and/or may not know how to phrase a search for it. If answering or viewing the same questions more than once rather than just ignoring the duplicates has run people off, let them go, IMO.

I'm not trying to pick an argument with you Joe. You are a good guy and have your opinions. But, I have to disagree with you on this one. I'd rather someone ask something that has already been asked than to be afraid to ask at all.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:49 PM
BLade1127
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Joe, sounds like we need to start proceedings to investigate whether or not to revoke your "man" card. A sewing machine? Next thing you know, you'll be crotcheting a tea cozy as a bike cover to keep it warm!!! Awe crap, how did I even know what a tea cozy was??

It gets very frustrating, and I see Joe's point. Just today, there was a question on the Dyna forum, asking the exact same question as one two topics below it. I will say, in some people's defense, the search feature can be a pain to use.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:51 PM
jayhantz7
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

+1 Amen to the same question asked over and over.... my favorites are

Anything with apes

Exhaust Install Question

Do you all have __ exhaust?

What seat is the best?

Why did my girlfriend bitch me out when I spent $500 on the bike and only $20 on her?

Wait....that last one I guess only applies to me. . .

Old 04-13-2008, 08:30 PM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Joe you make some great points. You can use the search function as well as there is specific forums for engine, tranny, efi etc you can post questions in our just browse and find information you may be looking for. I enjoy looking at all the mods the Dyna Guys and Gals come up with on this forum and specific issues which face Dyna owners. There is going to be a lot of new members joining with the same questions its the nature of the beast.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:42 PM
jwb47
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you certainly have a point there joe but while were chatting could you help me decide on either rush slip-ons or screaming eagle and do I need a sert?[sm=escape.gif]

Old 04-13-2008, 08:46 PM
ConnMan
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are no stupid questions.

Just stupid people who ask questions.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:51 PM
rok312
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, Joe, but if people only asked questions that haven't been asked before, there would be about 1 post a month. Ohhh goody - what a fun site this would be then. The motorcycle isn't that complicated of a contraption, so there are only x number of possible questions to be asked - they've all been asked already. That being said, I kinda get annoyed at the same questions as well. However, I will defend the folks asking them to the end. Yes, I to use the search, and use it ALL the time. But guess what, I would much rather see what someone has to say about a particular topic today - in 2008 - versus back in 2006. Drink a beer, go forge some metal or something, and relax, bro!

Now, the next person that asks about slipons...I swear I'm going to crap a lugnut!

Old 04-13-2008, 08:56 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Since we're on the subject of bitching about stuff.

Why is this place turning into the OFF TOPIC forum? Used to be you could read about Dyna related stuff.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:57 PM
YellowHawk
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I see the point....I'm sure I've asked many questions that have been asked in the past. I don't understand why people would be run off by it though. People can just ignore the questions if they don't want to answer again. I'm not trying to sound like an a$$ either, but I don't really see what the big deal is. Plus, the people who left probably got bored. I doubt it was because new people kept asking the same questions.