Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 09:17 AM
twofish
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PLEASE READ

I do a search first to see what I can fine.
Then I ask something that has been posted to find
any updates, as things do change from time to time.
If you’re tired of the same old questions go for a ride
and when you come back they will still be there,
that’s how the internet forums work.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:48 AM
the metal
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: JRK5892

* I think was will really help is if we start to take pictures and write up how to's like we used to... I have to make another biker roll tonight i will do a write up on that and post it... i remeber when people used to ask ?s and we could just post a thread that walked them right though it... now saying we dont do that any more but i see alot of CHECK MY MOD... and it is AWESOME... but no write up so i can steal the idea
joe- i read all your posts man and dig what u got going on over there-

this is a good idea in theory but i've seen SEVERAL times where a person new to the forum has posted relevant information speaking strictly about what they know only to have an hdforum *old timer* do a **** talking drive-by

then, whadya know, that person never posts another informative modification post.

happened to me 2x, usually around brakes and suspension or warranty information or 103" build info.

so i only end up chatting with peeps via PM about mods.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Frog74
Advanced

I can see where this could get very aggrevating so let me apologize up front. I appreciate all the help that I have gotten on here and the last thing I want is to keep people from benefitting from the experience out there. Being a newby, the wisdom here has saved me both time and money. Will make sure to utilize all the tools and thanks again all for the patience.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:43 AM
MK249
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: YellowHawk

I see the point....I'm sure I've asked many questions that have been asked in the past. I don't understand why people would be run off by it though. People can just ignore the questions if they don't want to answer again. I'm not trying to sound like an a$$ either, but I don't really see what the big deal is. Plus, the people who left probably got bored. I doubt it was because new people kept asking the same questions.
I agree 100%.

Jeez, some folks around here act like when a question is asked more than once they get struck by lightening or their bank account gets debited a thousand bucks or something. I don't know why it's so hard for some people to just ignore something if you don't want to read it.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:51 AM
JerseyDevil
Road Captain

The search function isn't that bad, just takes a little while to narrow things down. I've learned so much from this forum without having to ask a lot of the same old questions. I know it bothers some people so thats why I always do the searchfunction as you can tellI don't have a lot of posts because I always search first.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:26 AM
LeadSlinger0311
Tourer

I personally dont mind a repeat post .

i have found many differnt times that once it is brought up again some one has found a better way to do it or better parts for doing it .

I get what your point is though Joe and i dont feel you are bashing any of the new guys .( from what i have read you have been a big help to many on this fourm)

for those that left because of it who cares , yea it sucks we may lose out on there knowledge .

but there is some one else out there that is willing to help a brother out .

I HATE THE SERCH FUNCTION ! period, but I will say i try it first .

I dont post Pics of my scoot or ask what some one thinks about it .because .

A. I honsetly cant ever get the dam pictures to work ( I can rebuild a car , bike ,truck , engine but a cpu gets me

B. I honsltely and not trying to be a dick, but i dont care if anyone here likes my bike . I do and thats all that matters to me .

I dont post a lot I read and gather knowledge and pass what knowledge i have a long the way .

ANd joe brother dont feel bad man I run a sewing machine from time to time as well .

I like doing leather work ( belts ands **** like that )and i usally end up sewing the new guys club colors on to pas a long a savings to them .

I am like joe and otheres here ,I try to make my own parts and keep it cheap .

So my vote is to keep posting no matter what the question is ( as long as it has to do with a bike )

we can never know everything and for thos of us that do know some stuff we were all new once as well .

and if we wouldnt have asked we may never know .

respect .

Slinger ...

Old 04-14-2008, 12:41 PM
SUPER01
Road Warrior

Damn, I'm the old timer of the group if people go by the join date.
I read a lot more than I post and also tend to skip a lot of posts because they have to do with F.I., I have a carb so I don't care too much about the problems people are having, just glad I'm not in your shoes.

The way I look at it, if I see a post I can help someone with I'll answer and if it's something I'll learn from I'll post also, usually a thanks or a at-a boy.
Everyone was a newbie at one time both riding and to the posting on forums and all needed to learn from experience.

My $0.02. [sm=biker.gif]

Old 04-14-2008, 02:24 PM
Black Bart
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look at it this way Joe, all the questions that you answer over and over again allow you to run up your post count. Then you'd be the "King of Posts!"

Bart

[IMG]local://upfiles/16365/A507037A4412485799D08390BCE1ABA3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/16365/2A12636D1C7B47AB8A9FBFDCB7995875.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/16365/D14FC240AADE4EB1A89DEAE658D61567.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/16365/B307CAFF59F14473B0C73357E12A7650.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Fang
Cruiser

New people should not be worried about asking questions, if the old timers on the forum have seen the question before, and it bothers them, they don't have to answer!

Old 04-14-2008, 10:04 PM
DougsDyna
Banned

ORIGINAL: Fang

New people should not be worried about asking questions, if the old timers on the forum have seen the question before, and it bothers them, they don't have to answer!
Maybe it is not the question bothering some of us old timers, might be the better answer

DougJ