Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 11:06 PM
RKLeo
Road Master
Received 102 Likes on 27 Posts
Default RE: PLEASE READ

OK Let me just say, the search function seriously blows.
For example, there was an awesome thread in the sportster section that I would like to find again.
The search engine is useless and I ended up paging through 20 pages of topics to find it.

Now, I am brand new to the Dyna family and I dont know dick about EFI.
I have read probably 1000 threads this past week and still have a lot of questions.
Whatshould I do????
There is no EFI for dummys book.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:23 PM
fiend138
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the best way to remove the reflectors?

As for search try searching through google with your topic + hdforum.com

Old 04-13-2008, 11:36 PM
dklozik
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The search engine kinda sucks. Plus most every time the same questions get asked, there is usually a new idea or resonse that comes up. So the same old questions, some times, get new answers.

The part of your post that bothered me the most was the sewing machine. However, most of us have done things that could possibly have our man cards revoked. I have been there...I got caught riding a moped once...and had to redeem myself.

I spent 3 days in the woods, no food, shelter, water...nothing but a large knife. I spent the night in a tree and waited until a large deer...probably at least a 20point buck.....yeah, at least 20, came walking under my tree. I leaped from the tree, onto the back of the deer, and put it out of its misery with just my knife. I then proceeded to eat the entire deer...raw. I then walked back home (46 miles), drank 1/2 gallon of diesel fuel and passed out. After waking up, I went and had sex with my then g/f and while in the middle of it, i whispered in her ear, this is how her sister liked it....and was able to make the 8 sec ride. After that, I felt manly again.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:50 PM
mud
muderator
Received 9,109 Likes on 2,119 Posts

ORIGINAL: dklozik

I spent 3 days in the woods, no food, shelter, water...nothing but a large knife.
I spent the night in a tree and waited until a large deer...
probably at least a 20point buck.....yeah, at least 20, came walking under my tree.
I leaped from the tree, onto the back of the deer, and put it out of its misery with just my knife.
I then proceeded to eat the entire deer...raw.

I then walked back home (46 miles),

drank 1/2 gallon of diesel fuel and passed out.
After waking up, I went and had sex with my then g/f and while in the middle of it,
i whispered in her ear, this is how her sister liked it....and was able to make the 8 sec ride.

After that, I felt manly again.

I don't believe the part about walkin home.

mud

Old 04-14-2008, 12:03 AM
dklozik
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Fine.... I walked 6 and hitched 40 in the back of a truck. But that was the ONLYtruth stretchingof the whole story.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:26 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

yall hate on the sewing machine... but hell it has saved me TONS of money!!! i completely redid the interiour of my boat with this old machine... just today finished a biker roll made it myself cost me about 20 bucks in materials...
Sorry about that guys did not want to starta war... just was not sure if people knew about the search tool more than anything...
biker roll thread
https://www.hdforums.com/m_3195551/m...tm.htm#3195551

Old 04-14-2008, 12:53 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Understand Joe. Like said before. People like fresh and personal ideas. Unlike reading VIA Search. Hell, LOl. I don't own a dyna anymore, but, hang here a lot cause i like a lot of the people and have friends here. Rode bikes for 40 years and never stop learning. Hell. bet i have pissed some people off when i say for example,I hate mustang seats, but that is only my opinion.

Ate a big roast and gravy tonite, now it killing me,no gull bladder will do that sometimes. I really do not mind new post over old topics. Except dreaded oil threads.

Off topic, hell. I change bikes often, never know,maybey later i will pick up a Dyna . LOl.. on edge here, only 2 decent days of ride time and look at the date. rain/sleet,and dang cold here today. I have no idea if i am making a point here... Just my 10 cents worth. One fact,i been working to many hours and tired. Even took a xanax here,but still wide awake. We doing a store reset where iwork,plus several dreaded computer jobs this week. Why do we have to work,LOL.

I have considered being a state leech and get free food,and money. Just joking on that one.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:16 AM
carnes99
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sometimes we just need a break from the ol' lady and just want to BS..............about ANYTHING!

Old 04-14-2008, 06:58 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You know, when it comes right down to it, even this thread has been posted before. Not as much as it used to and not so much in this forum but it seems someone is always getting fed up with multiple posts on the same subject and then creating a thread to try and single-handedly stop them. First of all, you may be able to minimize them somewhat, but you won't stop newbies from signing up and logging in and proceeding to ask several questions that we've all heard time and time again. I could list some but, frankly, they don't bother me. I'll tell you which forward controls I prefer, which slipons I like the best, how wide a tire you can fit, or whether or not I like my fuelpak over and over again if needed.

As someone else pointed out, if only new, relative subjects were posted here, we'd all get bored pretty quick and stop coming here. I know I would. I was a member of 2 other HD/Big Twin forums before I found this site and I basically quit going to them because I got tired of logging on and nobody was there and there were no new threads for days sometimes. Even still, there would still be people complaining of duplicate posts. Also, as someone else said, I'm a member of a truck forum, a jeep forum, and a RV forum and see the same complaints there. Yet, the duplicates still keep on coming.

With all that said, yep sometimes it bugs me to see something that has already been addressed on the same screen. And maybe I'll even suggest a search now and then but I'll also try to at least give some basic information to help as well.

I look at it this way - I'll answer the same 100 questions 10 times over if that's what it takes to "pay back" for the help and information I've gotten here since I joined. On the other hand, if duplicate threads bother you enough to run you off, then don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out. Just like when you don't like what's on the TV or the Radio, change the channel and don't try to tell me what I can watch or listen to. If you think helmets are safer, wear one and don't worry about whether I do or not.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:59 AM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: jayhantz7

+1 Amen to the same question asked over and over.... my favorites are

Anything with apes

Exhaust Install Question

Do you all have __ exhaust?

What seat is the best?

Why did my girlfriend bitch me out when I spent $500 on the bike and only $20 on her?

Wait....that last one I guess only applies to me. . .

Funny[]