Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCIII usb With O2 Eliminators

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Zyklon
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCIII usb With O2 Eliminators

PC III usb with O2 Eliminators

The U.S. Postal Service delivered a PC III usb EFI Controller this morning.
I can not comment about installation on the motorcycle as I am still waiting for HD to call and tell me it’s here. However, programming the controller is not difficult. Using a laptop or desktop computer, fuel maps can be loaded and installed, ignition timing can be altered and it allows you to manage the fuel load offset on each cylinder separately.

The O2 sensor eliminators are hardware devices that plug in to the O2 sensor cables. I can only speculate at this time but my guess is that they are terminating resistors that send the EFI the correct value that it is looking for when the O2 sensor would signal that the mix is correct. I would have preferred to try one of the controllers with a wide band O2
sensor, but the cost was greater than the budget would permit. I will try working with the controller software and see what more can be done with it.

A side note to those considering a 95 cubic inch big bore kit. The 06 Dyna injectors will deliver a maximum of 3.91 grams of fuel per second, and the smaller throttle body means that it will not flow sufficient fuel or air volume for engines much larger than 88 cubic inches. If you decide to go with the 95 inch kit, then look at the larger 2001-2005 Dyna throttle body and injectors which will deliver 4.22 grams of fuel per second and flow adequate air volume to support the engine. If you use the 06 throttle body the engine will start, idle, and run, but at around 4500 rpm it will develop a serious case of asthma.

Old 02-11-2006, 11:49 PM
JonHanna
Road Master
Default RE: PCIII usb With O2 Eliminators

My local stealership had an 06 WG with removed o2's w/V&H staggered exhaust. I am not sure how they tuned it or with what but they said it was like a raped ape on WOT! But not so good just cruising. In the long run they re-installed the o2's and retuned. Now they claimed it was tuned right and running properly. This was before V&H produced o2 bungs for 06 bikes. So someone welded in a set of bungs for them and did not do a good job at welding them up. I noticed small cracks all around the bungs.
It is good to have people like you around who is gonna be able to mess with stuff I don't know much about. Keep posting good the good info!

Old 02-12-2006, 06:05 PM
RWP
Cruiser

Please post where they installed the power comander. I to have one, I need to get sat up. Does not look to be any room under the sit.
Rick

Old 02-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Zyklon
Tourer

Reply to RPW

I am not sure if all pc IIIs install in the same location, mine is for a 2006 Dynaglide. You should have recieved instalation instructions with the unit. Try going to to power commander web site an instalation tutorial should be available and will walk you through the install.

Old 02-12-2006, 08:37 PM
bobcowan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eliminating the O2 sensors is a step backwards. Without them, you'll be constantly chasing the correct tune. It was good last week, but this weeks it's 20* colder and you're in the mountains. The O2 sensor eliminaters are indeed resistors to feed the computer an average reading. Not a correct reading, but average and stable.

If possible, I would not disconnect the stock sensors. And I would add the wide band sensors as soon as possible.

Old 02-13-2006, 01:56 AM
fripple
Road Warrior

A bump for this topic. I was thinking about getting a power commander also for my Bob.

Old 02-13-2006, 02:11 AM
fl_799
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Blocking off the O2 sensors seems like a lack of development or a quick fix to get a unit on the market. For that reason, I skipped on the PCIII.

Old 02-13-2006, 02:24 AM
dynamolowrider
Tourer

[quotBlocking off the O2 sensors seems like a lack of development or a quick fix to get a unit on the market. For that reason, I skipped on the PCIII.
e][/quote] my scoot runs good now ill wait.I think there will be alot more choices in the future

Old 02-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Zyklon
Tourer

Reply to BobCowan

Yep, wide band sensors would be my first chioce, but as stated money is a little tight right now. I will have to stay with the O2 sensor eliminators for now. As it would seem that all of the '01-'05 fuel injected Harleys that don't have O2 sensors seem to stay in tune well enough and run just fine.