Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator seat on FXDF?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 10:03 PM
MNrider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator seat on FXDF?

Has anyone here tried a Drag Specialties Predator seat? I'd like some opinions on it. I'm looking for a seat that would lower me a bit without pushing me back. Also, does anyone else feel that the stock FXDF seat is a bit on the slippery side?

Old 04-12-2008, 01:27 PM
kudzu35
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Predator seat on FXDF?

I haven't noticed the slippery feeling but then again I got a big ***. There's lot of other seat options that people have reviewed on here so look around and see if they're similar to what you're considering.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:40 PM
triman
Cruiser

Just won a SB seat on e-bay. Going to give it a run for a solo and see if I like it. The stock FXDF seat works fine for me and the wife. Granted, on average, we are getting below 100 mile rides each time. Longer rides might make a difference.

Old 04-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Blackhorse
Cruiser

Sorry, never mind this post, I was thinking you were going with a solo seat. I did a search on the Predator, looks great in the picture. If you go this route you'll have to post pictures.

I have a HD Brawler on mine.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/blackhorse17/2395360655/

Old 04-12-2008, 10:11 PM
MNrider
Tourer

Yep, i must have searched this site and read a million threads on seats last night. I think they call that predator seat a solo when it clearly has a small pillion. Maybe it's so small that they didn't think anyone in their right mind would ride 2 up on it. Anyway, my **** is also not the smallest, but since i'm on the shorter inseam side everytime i come to a stop, put my feet down and then take off again i'm having to scoot up a little closer to the tank to reach my optimal riding position. And no, i won't consider mid mounts, LOL.(just in case anyone was going to suggest that). Maybe my dealer will let me take a reach seat for a short cruise and see if that fits the bill.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:26 PM
kudzu35
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Maybe not mid-mounts but what about wider pegs and pedals?

As for seats, I've heard the HD Reach seat will push you forward, I can't remember if its a solo or 2 up.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:38 PM
MNrider
Tourer

I installed the kuryakyn longhorn pegs and brake pad. The brake pad is awesome, it's not the biggest one they sell it's the next one down but gives me maybe 1.5-2 inches more pad. The stock pad was much to short since the air filter really pushed my right leg out. The reach is a 2 up seat.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:53 AM
tazman509
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't had any issues with the stock seat. Wife hates it though. I am only 5'8" so I am trying something instead of the sundowner for her. If not I may have to wear KIZZ shoes or maybe something with goldfish in them.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:11 AM
C-Cat
Tourer

http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/i...t=IMG_0415.jpg
check it out, predator flame stich seat on my streetbob. you can see the seat in a couple of these pics.
it's narrower and has less cushion then the stocker, although it has much firmer padding. i think it's comfortable,
no getting used to and it creates a natural saddle unlike the stock seat.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:59 PM
MNrider
Tourer

PitDog, does it put you in the same distance from the pegs, closer, farther back? I really like the flame stitch on that seat. The seat looks really narrow, do your legs rub on the battery covers?

Quick Reply: Predator seat on FXDF?