Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone moved my bike without asking

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008 | 06:32 AM
STROKER102
Advanced
Default RE: Someone moved my bike without asking

Shoot Them!!!

Old 04-12-2008 | 06:57 AM
Travlinman314
Road Captain

I used to work in a shop where we would travel for work (days or weeks on the road) and leave our cages and scoots in the shop. They got moved daily to protect them from flying debris, (grinding, welding, etc...).

One guy left his cage locked without keys in the building blocking the entrance/exit garage door. We "carefully" picked it up with a forklift, rear only (it was a beat up Chevy S-10) and moved it outside. He was on a ship sailing to South America, keys were in his pocket.

Anyway, when he got back, he was pissed and took a fit, yelling and screaming how nobody had the right to move his truck.

Not knowing your situation, but remembering this one, he basically expected production to stop in the building because he forgot to leave his keys in the vehicle when leaving for 2 weeks or more.

I'm not condoning the behavior of these guys, but were there other circumstances?

Old 04-12-2008 | 07:31 AM
twofish
Road Master

You are at work.
I would tell him if he ever needs to move the bike again
to let you know. Leave it at that, his time will come on
It’s own. People like that it will sooner or later.

Old 04-12-2008 | 07:38 AM
FLdynapilot
Intermediate

That just goes to show you how oblivious that non-riders are to bikers.

I have a guy I work with that had just got his license and was shopping for a bike. Well, he comes into the breakroom and sits down near me and a my bud who also rides. He starts to talk about my bike and says how he likes the feel of my bike after sitting on it. Well.....I go off on him telling him "you know that if your not careful, someone else might have done physical harm to you or worse". I know he didn't realize what the big deal was by the deer in the headlights look until I asked him.... "how would you feel if I climbed up into your car and started playing around". You could see the light bulb going off in his head.... that made him understand.

I always try to place my bike where idiots don't have to feel like they need to worry about it.

Old 04-12-2008 | 08:30 AM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member

A few years agoI got off work and found my bike moved and a gold wing parked beside it.This was by the union office where I'd parked for years.I found out it was a new supervisor from CA. The next day I confronted him about it and asked him why he moved my bike.He said to get it out of the rain,why whats the big deal?All the while I'm holding my temper in check.The deal is don't ever touch it ever again in your lifetime,thats union property and you have no right to be there.I don't know about where you come from but here we don't do sh*t like that.You don't have a bike anyway,thats a two wheeled truck.By this time I'm starting to lose it and he quickly apologized.Fortunately that ended it,any other responce from him and it would have been ON.

Old 04-12-2008 | 08:50 AM
Steve Zodiac
Road Master

That would seriously upset me.

Old 04-12-2008 | 08:54 AM
ghostflamed
Road Captain

TOTALLY weak and uncalled for. [:@]

Old 04-12-2008 | 11:58 AM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior

Why wasn't it parked in a parking spot where the other people park their cars? Hate to be the guy to say it but if you parked somewhere in the way then you are partially to blame for parking like a douche bag.

Also think it was wrong for him to move the bike with the steering locked, I guess more details would be needed before I can say he was 100% wrong and you are 100% right. Sounds to me like a 50/50 deal at this point.

Old 04-12-2008 | 12:12 PM
Longshank888
Advanced

Look,admire or critisize, but do not touch. DO YOU HEAR ME!!!!

Old 04-12-2008 | 12:18 PM
MetalSpike
Road Warrior

You know, I think this fallsunder the "Justifiable Homicide" or "He Needed Killing" category.

Quick Reply: Someone moved my bike without asking