Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone moved my bike without asking

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008 | 11:26 PM
meveratt
Tourer
Default RE: Someone moved my bike without asking

Check your forks and handlebars carefully, they could have twisted something moving it with the steering locked. Its just plain dumb -- I'd rip em a new one...

Old 04-11-2008 | 11:38 PM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

people really have no respect for bikers anymore. Most of the time it is a spineless while you were away manouver, but it hurts nonetheless. It's worse here in South florida right now. Bikes are getting vandalized, getting their alignment screwed with, and stuff going into the oil and gas tanks. I walked out of a bar last month, some cokehead chick was yapping on the phone and kicking my front tire. I don't even think she was aware she was doing it. The look on her face said it all.

I told some people at the dealer I used to work with that something was up with it. They looked at me like I was crazy. Then we sat there and watched some dude fondle my bike. Had his hands all over it. Grabbing stuff and pulling on it. I looked at them and said "there, you think I am crazy now?" Rhetorical question actually. If it had been anywhere else I would probably have shot him.

It's one thing when another rider is playing with your scooter. Especially if it's someone you know. But somebody you've never seen before, and he's pawing on it, or unscrewing stuff? If I ever catch somebody doing that, I am probably going to jail. But enough is enough, and no one else seems to care about us. We gotta take care of our own.

It's been a long time since I've been in a fight. A few black eyes and broken noses speak so much louder than words.

Old 04-11-2008 | 11:41 PM
sargek
Road Warrior

I would be f***ing pissed. I would have no problem moving it if asked, but don't touch it.

Old 04-11-2008 | 11:50 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

Now you know why I have my own garage...I don't share my space. Lesson learned....now go rent your own spot.

~Joe

Old 04-12-2008 | 12:03 AM
joe.1955
Stellar HDF Member

Yeah, I'd be pissed.

Anytime my bike is parked ouside of my own garage, like at work or a hotel I use a disc lock. They may pick it up and carry it, but their not rolling it anywhere.

Old 04-12-2008 | 12:43 AM
blueglide88
Tourer

I once came out from a heavy night of drinking at a local festival......only to find my bike had been moved from the place I parked it to the middle of a busystreet. I couldn't believe my friggin eyes. To this day I wish I could find the ****** f_er that moved my bike.

Bottom line, if it's not your property, you don't f_ck with it, period.

He should NOT have moved your bike.

Old 04-12-2008 | 01:23 AM
wjcbsr
Tourer

I would kill him dead!

Old 04-12-2008 | 01:39 AM
elcid1989
Road Captain

I'd take it to the stealer, and have everything checked out on the front end, and give his sorry azz the bill. If there was any damage, he can have that bill too!

I also like the idea of using a floor jack and dollys to move his POS car to a no parking area/tow away zone and call the cops.

Old 04-12-2008 | 03:52 AM
CSA
Road Master

I hate to say it, but I would be rather upset myself! Touching my bike would is like touching my wife. That's a big NO NO!

Old 04-12-2008 | 05:17 AM
gt46660
Cruiser

Just wondering were you parked in his garage? A little more details of why, would be interesting.

Quick Reply: Someone moved my bike without asking