Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor Mount check

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 12:03 PM
blackmopar
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor Mount check

ok, some of you helped on my thread about swingarm problems and it did end up being bent. (thanks to all who helped, especially Buellrider76 and 07fxdwg!!)

Anyway, I'm curious whether this impact had ill effects on the motor mount bushings. Anybody know best way to check - Buellrider that page of the manual would come in handy too (And I know, I need to get myself one, sorry guys)

And also, are there performance alternative/ aftemarket bushings to replace - Im a hotrodder, and i know the first thing I always did when swapping motors or hotroddin a car was to go polyurethane or rigid mounts - anything like that available for our dynas?

i know Sputhe does a 'stabilizer' but they havent responded to my questions yet, and it looks sorta pricey anyway.

Any input much appreciated (theres also another thread in tech about front header pipe knockin against the right side downtube of the frame - Mine is also having this problem which is leading me to have more concerns about the motor mounts.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:55 PM
hounddog
Tourer
Default RE: Motor Mount check

me gots the head pipe on the right front hittin frame too!! my dads 96 FXD did this but after 90k or sumthing. he just replaced the mounts and it was good. i only got 56k and its a small gap and in a ruff pop pop kinda idle it looks to hit every so often, i got wrapped pipes so i noticed when my wrap started to fray that sumting was wrong. is this just a mount swap??? or sumthing more?

Old 04-14-2008, 05:03 PM
wkdavistx
Tourer
Default RE: Motor Mount check

I just wish I could find a front motor mount for a decent price. If I remember right it is about $130 for mine.