Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

License plate with integrated signals

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 06:57 PM
sedynaglide
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default License plate with integrated signals

I bought a black billet lay down license plate bracket with integrated turn signals. There's basically a line of small red lights along each side of the license plate holder that light up when you signal a turn.

Has anyone ever put one of these on their bike. I'm planning to just remove the turn signals to keep the fender and tail nice and clean. Dangerous? Stupid? Illegal? All of the above..?

Old 04-09-2008, 07:49 PM
WildBillAce2
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: License plate with integrated signals

ORIGINAL: sedynaglide

Has anyone ever put one of these on their bike. I'm planning to just remove the turn signals to keep the fender and tail nice and clean. Dangerous? Stupid? Illegal? All of the above..?
Lots of people put custom mods like that on their bikes and you usually assume some risk when you take off stock parts for a cleaner look. In the daytime you might want to use hand signals because because they probably won't stand out too much in the sunlight. Probably illegal too, but you don't hear about tickets for that stuff too much.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:20 AM
HarleypsychRN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good litmus test...I ask myself, "Would this look good on a Gold Wing" or "Have I ever seems this on a Gold Wing" if the answer is yes I give myself a dope slap and move on.[sm=noooo.gif]But seriously, I replaced my rear signals with an integrated set into the fender struts...not as visable but way cooler.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:45 PM
glebo
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,092 Likes on 351 Posts

a friend of mine put those on a v-rod, and honestly, I came up on him several times when his signal was on. you can really not see them IMO. I'm a believer in people seeing you and your signals/lights. but, that's just me. Nite may be different of course, but I haven't rode with him at nite.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Splatter
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: sedynaglide
Dangerous? Stupid? Illegal? All of the above..?
Does your license plate say the signals are DOT approved? If yes, then you're laughing'. Have fun. Post pics.

If no, then it's dangerous, stupid and illegal, but just like swinging a leg over the bike in the morning, you have to decide how much risk you're willing to take. If you take the risk and loose out on any count, you waive all rights to complain about stupid cagers, dickweed cops, stinkin' vehicle inspection stations and so on. I mean, here on the forums some will read your lament and chime in with words of support, but we'll all be thinkin' nobody made you put them on.

For my money, signals are not about aesthetics. In fact, they're not even on the bike for you. They're on the bike for the poor guy behind you who doesn't want points on his driver's license or your blood on his conscience.