Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eaten by a pothole - Need manual schematic for 07FXDB swingarm assy

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 02:31 PM
blackmopar
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Eaten by a pothole

you in the IE 07bobber? It was right where they have been doing all the construction where it merges with the 91 and the 60 in the left lane - I swear the friggen 215 always ruins me - I absolutely hate that section - me and the boys were headed up to the LA COC in February I think (Maybe January) when it happened
I'm down in Fallbrook, just under Temecula, a couple of my brothers are up in the Redlands area.

Ditto
BFMC15

Old 04-09-2008, 02:34 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

YEAH IM IN LAKE ELSINORE RIGHT BEFORE MURRIETA AND TEMECULA

Old 04-09-2008, 02:44 PM
blackmopar
Road Captain

cool man - im up in temecula pretty regularly - have a couple bros in town so we are at thebars sometimes

you an independent or club rider? looks liek theres a patch on the dude in your drawing but i cant make it out.

anyway - yea I try to stay away from the 215 - seems no matter what, cages, or bikes, or walking, somehow im gonna get screwed on that road

Old 04-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Twisted Humor
Road Master

ORIGINAL: blackmopar

FUC*
And i thought having to buy a new rear tire was goona break the bank this month - Correct me, but wouldnt I see obvious signs of the swingarm twisted - Havent removed anything, but visually inspected the H3LL out of it and cant see any sign

Anybody know what a new swingarm runs, so i can start preparing for worst case?
Even if it only tweaked an 1/8 of an inch, you might not be able to see it with the eye, but it will make a big difference the futher you get away from the swing are pivotpoint or the further away from the tire axle.

Refer to my first post. I might help you eyeball it better.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:24 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: blackmopar

cool man - im up in temecula pretty regularly - have a couple bros in town so we are at thebars sometimes though r-side task force takes way too much interest in us sometimes LOL and I'll reiterate FOR NO REASON
but this aint aboutfuzz bashing so.....nuff about that
you an independent or club rider? looks liek theres a patch on the dude in your drawing but i cant make it out.

anyway - yea I try to stay away from the 215 - seems no matter what, cages, or bikes, or walking, somehow im gonna get screwed on that road

RIGHT ON I HAVENT RIDDEN SINCE END OF FEB DUE TO A BROKEN WRIST....NO IM NOT IN A CLUB I JUST RIDE WITH A COUPLE FRIENDS HERE AND THERE AND MY GRANDFATHER.
YOU IN A CLUB?

Old 04-09-2008, 03:29 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Be sure you contact the city about the damage... they are responsible for the condition of the road and the damage that occurs on it... trust me i live in chicago and loose at least 1 tire a year and a rim every now and then to a pot hole... takes some fighting and patients but THEY ALWAYS PAY!!! they have to... you should not have to pay for that when it is their job and your taxes that maintain the roads. take pictures, note the location... and fight it!

Old 04-09-2008, 03:54 PM
blackmopar
Road Captain

Be sure you contact the city about the damage... they are responsible for the condition of the road and the damage that occurs on it.
ill give it a shot - ive tried a few times with hotrods ive had in past, youd be surprised at what CALTRANS aint responsible for, and how they weasel out - 'Is your vehicle lowered? well, youre fault' blah blah blah and of course, all my **** is lowered, but worht a shot i guess

RIGHT ON I HAVENT RIDDEN SINCE END OF FEB DUE TO A BROKEN WRIST....NO IM NOT IN A CLUB I JUST RIDE WITH A COUPLE FRIENDS HERE AND THERE AND MY GRANDFATHER.
YOU IN A CLUB?
yep Boozefighter San Diego North County chapter. le tme know when your down my way and graba beer!

thanks guys for all the advice - Im gonna do some measurin and what nawt tonight - keep ya all posted

Old 04-09-2008, 04:32 PM
blackmopar
Road Captain

two things - anybody got a manual that could post anything it has schematic wise on the swingarm and pivot assembly for an 07 FXDB?

and also, anybody got a link for our manual? havent needed it until now

thanks in advance!!

Old 04-09-2008, 06:18 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

how do they know it is lowered! toss on your stock shocks... boom stock bike! they pay!

Old 04-09-2008, 07:36 PM
bigbobber33
Novice

If your insurance covers it under your policy, just make a claim and the insurance company will take care of it. A buddy of mine tore up his bumper hitting a lose cone on the freeway, and was compensated for not only a brand new bumper, but ended up with a brand new paint job, due the fact that the paint shop was having a hard time trying to match the color..And yes, this was in Cali...If they don't then you can try your luck going after Caltrans on your own....

As for your swing arm, I would take some blocks and a take a levelbar to it. Check to see if its level at all from front-to-rear...If the swing arm is bent, then you will have variationsbetween front-to-rear and/orfrom left to right...If the pivotbushing is screwed then it will show levelallthe way across...I'm not very good withexplaining things...So,if youdon't understand I'll try again....[sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: Eaten by a pothole - Need manual schematic for 07FXDB swingarm assy