Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you believe this crap!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008 | 09:13 PM
crushem77
|
Tourer
Default Can you believe this crap!?

Wouldn't you know it? The riding season is just kicking off. Today was one of the first good days to ride in my area, and I have to get (ANOTHER) flippin' nail in my back tire!? Fortunately it went flat while we we inside a resturant, but I still didn't notice it until we actually started to ride off. As "luck" would have it, this particular resturant was literally a block away from a Harley Dealer, so I limped her onto their lot. This being the third nail in my rear tire in the year that I've had the bike, I already knew they couldn't plug or patch it. They claim it's a legal liability issue, which I understand to an extent, but I have the feeling it has more to do with the fact that they would rather have the $300 (that I don't have)to sell me a new tire. At least they were cool enough to let me keep my bike in their service garage, as I also have no means of towing the bike anywhere. I bought this bike in November '06, and since then, this will be the 4th rear tire I've had to put on the thing! I've only been able to wear out the original tire that came on it! And come to think of it,even that tireended up with a nail in it after it was bald in the middle! All the other tires have attracted nails. This particular tire still has a good 3 or 4 thousand miles left on it. I just bought it at the end of last summer, for pete's sake! Well, if you've taken the time to read my whole rant, I thank you. I know nothing can really be done about this kind of luck, but your pity means a lot to me. Here's hoping your riding season is having a better start than mine.

Old 04-06-2008 | 09:17 PM
CSA
Road Master
Default RE: Can you believe this crap!?

Damn Crush that sucks!

I had a Corvette years back, and it seemed that everytime I drove through the parking lot at work I got a nail or bolt stuck in my tire. It's frustrating as hell. I have gotten to the point if I see a nail on the ground ANYWHERE I pick it up! Hope to save some poor bastard the same tragedy!

Old 04-06-2008 | 09:19 PM
crushem77
|
Tourer

ORIGINAL: CSA

Damn Crush that sucks!

I had a Corvette years back, and it seemed that everytime I drove through the parking lot at work I got a nail or bolt stuck in my tire. It's frustrating as hell. I have gotten to the point if I see a nail on the ground ANYWHERE I pick it up! Hope to save some poor bastard the same tragedy!
No doubt, I'll be looking a little more closely from now on! lol

Old 04-06-2008 | 09:20 PM
coastrider
Road Master

I hear you crushem. The first three years I had my pickup I replaced the windshield three times. Good Luck.

Ride Safe.

Old 04-06-2008 | 09:26 PM
crushem77
|
Tourer

ORIGINAL: coastrider

I hear you crushem. The first three years I had my pickup I replaced the windshield three times. Good Luck.

Ride Safe.
Thanks. Isn't it weird, how when you're down, knowing someone else is down or at least been there too makes you feel better?

Old 04-06-2008 | 09:31 PM
VenturaChop
Road Master

cant u just get a new tube

Old 04-06-2008 | 09:38 PM
crushem77
|
Tourer

Not sure, I figured if a new tube was an option they would have mentioned it. Maybe I'll bring that up.

I forgot to mention the icing on the cake of this craptacular day! How did I get home, you may ask? My friend was kind enough to ride on the back of her own bike so that I could still ride with everyone. She was even kind enough to let me ride her bike home until I get mine fixed...whenever that's going to be. So here I am, my black leather Harley jacket, with my vest on top of that, Harley logos everywhere, giant HOG patch on my back, and I'm putting home on her white Honda Shadow 750. Has anyone ever rode one of these things? After riding a Dyna, this thing is a glorified scooter! Still, I know, I shouldn't complain. She was nice enough to volunteer her ride durring my time of need. But MAN, it was a humbling experience!

Old 04-06-2008 | 09:43 PM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain

Okay, that hurt worse than the nails in the tires. You poor thing. Consider yourself hugged. [sm=smiley31.gif]

Old 04-06-2008 | 09:43 PM
dano1200R
Cruiser

so to get this girl wrapped around you you flattened your own tire. good job.

Old 04-06-2008 | 09:44 PM
crushem77
|
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Scooter Wench

Okay, that hurt worse than the nails in the tires. You poor thing. Consider yourself hugged. [sm=smiley31.gif]
Thanx, Scooter Wench!

Quick Reply: Can you believe this crap!?