Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you believe this crap!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008 | 09:44 PM
joe.1955
Stellar HDF Member
Default RE: Can you believe this crap!?

I've always wondered how a nail that is laying flat on the road can go point first into a tire.

I had a friend that believed the front tire would stand the nail up for the rear tire to run over. He even installed a mud flap at the back of the front fender to knock the nails back over.

Old 04-06-2008 | 09:45 PM
crushem77
|
Tourer

ORIGINAL: dano1200R

so to get this girl wrapped around you you flattened your own tire. good job.

You give me too much credit...I'm not clever enough to plan something this elaborate!

Old 04-06-2008 | 09:54 PM
jharp
Tourer

Got a nail in my rear tire. I took the tire off, took it tho the Harely dealer & it cost $35 to have a new tube put in and the tire balanced.

Jim

Old 04-06-2008 | 09:55 PM
crushem77
|
Tourer

ORIGINAL: jharp

Got a nail in my rear tire. I took the tire off, took it tho the Harely dealer & it cost $35 to have a new tube put in and the tire balanced.

Jim
You can bet I'm going to ask about that tomorrow!

Old 04-06-2008 | 10:15 PM
DougsDyna
Banned

Crush,
Please forgive my for laughing[sm=violin.gif][sm=sorry.gif], but as your nail in the tire story unfolded, it got funnier and funnier.
Really hate to chuckle at someone elses bad luck............. Couldn't help envisioning you all leathered up in Harley stuff on that white Honder.
I have had to replace 4 rears on my Dyna, too............. All the fuggers went bald

I have had a piece of wire stuck in the side of my Escape's tire since the first week I owned it in 2005. Dang things still there at 33K miles.
Had a nail go through a tubless bike tire several years ago; the tire was pretty new so I plugged it and ran it for another 6K......
guess I was lucky.

I feel your painHope you find an affordable resolution to your situation.

DougJ

Old 04-06-2008 | 10:23 PM
VenturaChop
Road Master

if the nail is in the center you can just get a new tube dont let them bull sht u man

Old 04-06-2008 | 10:39 PM
Elginator
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: CSA
....I have gotten to the point if I see a nail on the ground ANYWHERE I pick it up! Hope to save some poor bastard the same tragedy!
+1 on that. I pick up every nail and bolt I see. I hope that carma will help me out the next time there's one in my path.

Old 04-07-2008 | 12:06 AM
wideglide1
Intermediate

Damn crush, that sucks. Sounds like you need a Ky. nail guard. Thats a midget briar strapped to the frame with a whisk broom and a dust pan. Sorry bro, couldn't pass that up.[sm=smokin.gif]

Old 04-07-2008 | 12:07 AM
crushem77
|
Tourer

ORIGINAL: wideglide1

Damn crush, that sucks. Sounds like you need a Ky. nail guard. Thats a midget briar strapped to the frame with a whisk broom and a dust pan. Sorry bro, couldn't pass that up.[sm=smokin.gif]
How much do they cost...?

Old 04-07-2008 | 06:47 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't get it. A metric parked beside me the other day and it was huge. I asked the guy is that a 1800 he says no its 750. Geez I can't believe that he is hauling all that plastic around with a 750.(didn't say it directly to him) I respect all rides.

To the post. I had one in my new 180 tire it sucks had to be replaced. It must of been a site though with all your duds on riding that scoot.

Quick Reply: Can you believe this crap!?