Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 06:06 PM
FREEFALL
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Insurance?

What do you all pay for insurance on your bike? I have an 05 FXD. I am 40 years old and have a spotless driving record. I have only had my MC licence since Aug 05. I have completed a MSF rider course.

What should I be paying for insurance? Oceanside/Camp Pendleton CA 92054.

Any recommendations on which company I should go with?

Thanks in advance,

Old 02-09-2006, 06:31 PM
StreetBobBen
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Insurance?

I have only gotten quotes so far and the best one I have found is through Geico. I am 32, I haven't had the MSF course yet, last DWI in 1998(otherwise no tickets), and do not have my endorsement yet either. All will come next month before I pick up my bike. Quoted price is $950 a year, for full coverage, no uninsured motorist, basically the cheapest insurance I could get that would satisfy the loan company. But who cares, I'm going to own a StreetBob. Hope that helps you some.

Old 02-09-2006, 06:38 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I found Progressive to be the least expensive in my case.

Old 02-09-2006, 07:33 PM
Halfbuck
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Progressive offered the best rate when I was shopping around. I also hear the GEICO has some good rates with some type of seasonal plan.

Old 02-09-2006, 07:34 PM
Axholio
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I went with Progressive too... No un-insured but, whatever was needed for the finance co and the state... Total is $274 a year.

Old 02-09-2006, 08:03 PM
grizzly
Road Master

Hey Top, I have Progressive....live in San Onofre (considered Orange County) I have two bikes on the policy, full coverage for 256 every 6 months. Full coverage. No accidents or tickets, rideing on street (legally) since 19 (35 now) Only courses I have are the base course and the experienced riders course. I am with 5th Mar. btw, you? (SSgt)

Old 02-09-2006, 08:33 PM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm 31 with a spotless driving record and the MSF certificate and am paying about $67 a month with Allstate.

You guys with or thinking about Progressive ought to look into what its founder does with his millions before you spend any more money with them. Some disturbing things going on with that dude.

Old 02-09-2006, 08:51 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Axholio

I went with Progressive too... No un-insured but, whatever was needed for the finance co and the state... Total is $274 a year.

Oh my heart about stopped when I read this.....PLEASE contact Progressive and purchase Uninsured motorist coverage. You don't know how many idiots are out there without insurance. If you get hit by one you will have no options and heaven forbid you are injured. You don't want some uninsured idiot to total your bike and then you have no bike ...and no funds to replace it or be left with uncovered medical expenses because you didn't want to pay an extra $10 a month do you? PLEASE ADD THE COVERAGE! PLEASE!!!!! I see this happen every day.

Old 02-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Axholio
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Heather... I really appreciate your concern very much. I have superb medical insurance and have not only comp, but gap insurance to pay for the bike. We're planning uninsured very soon...

Thanks for your kind thoughts!

Mike

Old 02-09-2006, 09:05 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Your gap insurance will not kick in unless it is YOUR fault. None of your coverage will kick in if an uninsured motorist hits you. You will be SOL. GET IT SOON!

The only option you may have depending on your states laws is to turn a claim in on your own isurance but medical will not be covered and you'll be subject to your deductibles.....dependign on if your state allow that. I'm an insurance agent so I do HIGHLY recommend the UM/UIM coverage.

Quick Reply: Insurance?