Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another thanks to Jackyl, 2" lift on my WG

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008 | 01:42 PM
ehc0720
|
Tourer
Default Another thanks to Jackyl, 2" lift on my WG

I got the 2" lift kit form Jackyl, great product and the lift looks great. I have a 2006 WG with the street slammer drag bars, the 3" lift would be too close to the bars.I had a few problems with the install, first it is a WG so there is more rake so tree was going to hit the tank.I also have a chrome extension plate that goes from the console down to the seat, the bottom mount for this did not let the tank slide down. It uses one of those fender clips (don't know the real name) and it was already resting against the lower tank mount not allowing the tank to slide down, so I endded upturning it to one side and had to bend it a bit. Then when I checked the tree vs the tank again and it was still hitting. So I get out the dremel too to start wallowing out the holes for the bottom bracket and I notice thatthe lower tank mount was welded on pretty crooked and the the hole on left side had already had some wallowing done to it from the factory. So I wallowed and checked, repeated a few times, now the left hole is about twice the size as the right one and the tree finally misses the tank by about 1/8'. Now I need to take it all apart someday and brush around the wallowing with some rustoleum paint. So I ended up spending about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs fiddling with this, yes I move slow but careful, but no issues with hoses or wires at all.
Thanks again Jackyl !!!

Old 04-06-2008 | 06:58 PM
Wide Glide 05
Tourer
Default RE: Another thanks to Jackyl, 2" lift on my WG

My tank mount was also welded on crooked. I won't even begin to wonder how that could happen to such a fine machine! lol! I enlarged the same hole you did. Trees are close but don't hit.

Old 04-06-2008 | 10:54 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Another thanks to Jackyl, 2" lift on my WG

good job now your wideglides look like bobbers