Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain suit

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 08:18 AM
coltsfan
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Rain suit

ORIGINAL: BLade1127

In my opinion, you do not go cheap on a rainsuit. Trust me, do not get a cheap Wal Mart type rainsuit. It is very difficult to get off your exhaust. Spend the money (should be $80 - $150), and get something made for motorcycles.

I lucked out Thursday at SouthsideHarley, they had the pants on clearance that were black and had some camo on them for $29, so I could just go to Dicks and buy the jacket. The exhuast doesn't burn through the coat. I was really happy Friday when it was raining.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:47 AM
fastfxrs
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I no longer use a rain suit. I wear my Harley FXRG nylon jacket and Aerostich darian riding pants (gortex) everyday. Both are water tight as a ducks @ss. Kinda spendy outlay but I wear them every day. Good protection and I don't have to pull over to put on a rain suit. Even expensive rain suits make you sweat like heck. With the liner out of the jacket and the vents open, I've been able to tolerate sturgis heat. The pants are a good barrier for the dreaded TC96 engine heat also. I wear my old faithful leather now and then, but not all that often any more.
Tim

Old 04-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Soulrebel
6th Gear

Actually I had an eye on the HD canal street @110$ or theOverpass II @ 170$. In other brands I saw the frog toggs, and i'm a little scared from what I read on other threads, The VTL-700 Volante fromNelson rigglooks interesting and not to expensive. I'm looking to spenda max of 150$. I'll probably go with a two piece. And from your advices, I will definitly go for one made for motorcycle riding. I'm a little low on the cash flow so I will forget the gore-tex and all for know.
What about rain boot covers, you guys have any? What king of material and the sole? Brand names, prices?
TX
Scott

Old 04-05-2008, 10:37 PM
rayfinseats
Road Captain

I just wear leather. I have never seen a cow wearing a rain suit yet. Never leave home without it...

Old 04-09-2008, 09:33 AM
wall018
Novice

I recently bought a two piece rain suit from J&P Cycles and love it. Costwas $65.00 and is made very well and not bad looking either. It rolls up into it's own storage pouch too. Check it out, it supposedly one of their best selling items. I also got rubber over-shoes and gloves which worked perfectly with this set up.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:02 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: BLade1127

In my opinion, you do not go cheap on a rainsuit. Trust me, do not get a cheap Wal Mart type rainsuit. It is very difficult to get off your exhaust. Spend the money (should be $80 - $150), and get something made for motorcycles.
You can go cheap if you buy the right material. I wouldn't recommend the ultra-cheap rubbery stuff they sell either. But, last year I was getting ready for a 6 hour ride to the Myrtle Beach fall rally and the forecast was for rain all the way. My only option where I live, at the last minute, was WalMart. I'm not one of you diehards that rides rain or shine normally so I didn't want to dump a lot of money into rain gear anyway. I went to the boating section and picked up a pair of Stearns brand waterproof pants. They are made very similar and looked and felt very similar to rain suits I've looked at in the HD motorclothes with a nylon outer shell and a mesh liner, but they were only 20 bucks. The also had adjustable cuffs so you can fit them around your boots or take them off and on without removing your boots/shoes. I got a size that was very comfortable and fit well over the top of my clothes. With those and a waterproof jacket, leather or something else, you should be fine. The had jackets to match but I used something I already had. You're going to get a little wet no matter what you wear but not soaked. Me and 2 buddies rode all the way there and it poured almost the entire trip. I had no issues with the pants and my pipes.