Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Denim Paint

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:01 PM
charlie11
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Denim Paint

I have my sights set on a new Street Bob. I like the denim on the bike but am wondering about the durability and care of the finish. I have gotten some mixed opinions/info from several different dealers. Thanks

Old 04-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Pendragon
Cruiser
Default RE: Denim Paint

I have just paid for an 08 Dark Blue Denim Street Bob. I don't really know about the durability or care for the finish, I just think that the colour is awesome and can't wait to see it roll off the showroom floor... It really gives an old school look to an already old school looking bike!

Old 04-02-2008, 11:15 PM
VenturaChop
Road Master

the paint is design to act like denim its gonna fade and mark in about 4 years of so its gonna start fading and all that good stuff i dont really like the denim black i like flat black or semi gloss like on the bottom half of the nightsters that are two toned and flat

Old 04-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Muddyape
Road Master

I have pewter denim on my 07 SB. I am a guy who LOVES black (gloss not denim) but was always cleaning my blk/blk nightster to keep it looking good.....drove me nuts. Im about as **** as they come when it comes to paint. I bought this bike and barely ever touch it, its awesome. As far as durability its paint with a clearcoat...whats to wonder about. In my case the silver hides everything and I dont mess with it. I actually use a swiffer duster to get the loose stuff off before I ride and dont do anything. Im teeing up to buy a Street Glide (09) and will get it in Pewter denim.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:08 AM
VenturaChop
Road Master

theres no clear on the denim blk

Old 04-03-2008, 12:11 AM
VenturaChop
Road Master

i believe its just a single stage

Old 04-03-2008, 12:19 AM
coastrider
Road Master

You do have be a little more careful with it. You can't rub out scratches or mars in the paint. I have had mine almost two years and have a couple of rub spots. I just use windex and microfiber cloths to clean my tins. Good Luck.

Ride Safe.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:37 AM
GentlemanBiker
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine's black denim. Maintenance could not be easier. The denim finish looks better after a casual wipe-off than a gloss finish does. It doesn't seem as likely to get spots, streaks, etc. On the other hand, scratched means scratched for good. Polishing won't help and you can't use rubbing compound, either. It also seems like oil and stuff like that are sometimes harder to clean off.

I can't say I'm a fan of all the denim colors, but the black really caught my eye the first time I saw a picture of it on a Street Bob. It definitely gives the bike some attitude.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:38 AM
BlueGoose
Advanced

Only had mine for a couple weeks. I love the color, but it does scratch easy. Gonna spend a fortune on windex, but its worth it.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:14 AM
jamman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just wash mine with dish soap and water.. it's badass and easiest paint i ever took care of..

Quick Reply: Denim Paint