Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Denim Paint

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 05:26 PM
BoomSoon
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Denim Paint

EZ to clean. Windex or hd gloss. I understand that there actually is a single coat of clear on the denims. If you wash and wax etc like a gloss paint you will turn it shiny etc so go by the book when cleaning.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:38 PM
reded
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

California Duster hits mine in betwen washings. Very easy paint to care for. With the pewter denim, even if it is a little dusty, no one can tell.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:39 PM
TARTAN2
Tourer

Wash n' go............HEAVEN !

Old 04-03-2008, 05:48 PM
BLade1127
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine's an '06, and it still looks great. It's amazing to me what comes out. There's been a couple times I was pissed because I found a scratch, but Windex and a rag, and it was gone.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:16 PM
cHiLi_11
Cruiser

I was exatcly where you are a month back before I finally purchased my new 2008 street bob in vivid black. I have a freind who works for Harley and after reading on the net about the denim colors I knew it wasnt for me. Some love it, so you gotta make the choice yourself. From what I have seen and read the denim wears, fades in the sun, and there is nothing you can do to repair a blem or scratch without painting the whole fender or tank. A freind has the denim black and at the gas station he spilled a touch of gas, and you could totally see it until he was able to get home and clean it. Not to mention the tank paint has worn where his legs rub. I say get the bob in a gloss black but thats just my opinion.

Nick

Old 04-03-2008, 08:55 PM
UNCLE PAT
Cruiser

I have an 08 red enim bob....I bought it slightly used from HD with 1400 or so miles onit...I got a hell of a deal...so I could deal with the color....I will be painting it a different color...anybody want to trade red denim parts?? no scratches!! lol!!

Old 04-03-2008, 09:02 PM
VenturaChop
Road Master

i believe its just base coat with an activator i like the denim but i didnt want to pay 600 more dollars for base coat

Old 04-03-2008, 09:05 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Love the denim paint on mine. Like Muddyape said, the silver pewter hides dirt and it just looks awesome most of the time without much fuss.
I just wash mine every once in a while with car wash soap just like I was any vehicle with but of course no wax. in between washes I just wipe the tins down when dirty with a microfiber cloth and detail spray.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Soulrebel
6th Gear

I got black denim. It looks good, very easy maintenance wise. But if it is scratched it is for good. There is no touch-up or polishingthat canhelp and you can't use rubbing compound. Always cary a towel for gas spills, but it will still be hard to clean off. For myself I didn't want a shiny bike so denim is good for me, and I don't mind the effect of time on the paint, makes it vintage. But it is a question of knowing what you want and like.
Scott

Old 04-04-2008, 11:37 PM
triman
Cruiser

Windex wipes is all I use. Cleans up great!

Quick Reply: Denim Paint