Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bummed to the max--Know what?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 09:10 PM
street2007bob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bummed to the max--Know what?

Got out of school and weather was nice so I went for a ride, great so far right. About half way to the bar I was going to (20 miles away) my super tall sissy bar back rest started feeling "soft". Quite leaning on it right away and reached back to be sure it was not comming off. Got to destination and check sure as hell side plates were crack. THEN the bar is closed so I can't even have a beer to cry in. Rode home and removed bar and sideplates were done.PLUS (I promise I'm not making this up) when the plates cracked the rack put a dime sized dent on the top of my fender.

I amat a lost on my next move. Thinking do nothing untilI save money to put on Mustang solo with backrest,passenger pillon and then use quick detatch side plates and put my 3 foot bar on behind the pasenger seat. Then add passenger pegs as well to make it a two up ride. I want to keepmy bar on I like the look.Butthen I still do not know how I will carry a bag.I'd guess that list to$1,500 by the tiem it over.

)&*^*&% I'm bummed!

Old 04-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Hutson
Tourer
Default RE: Bummed to the max--Know what?

Dude sorry for the bad luck, that sucks

Old 04-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Wireguided
Road Master

Crappy........At least you didnt fall off the sucker...

Old 04-03-2008, 12:10 AM
mud
muderator
Received 9,109 Likes on 2,119 Posts

bob, send it over here to Texas, and I will weld it,
add a gusset, and, guarantee that it will not fracture again.

P.S. -
EyehopeU donut tiech speelink.

mud

ORIGINAL: street2007bob

Got out of school and weather was nice so I went for a ride, great so far right. About half way to the bar I was going to (20 miles away) my super tall sissy bar back rest started feeling "soft". Quite leaning on it right away and reached back to be sure it was not comming off. Got to destination and check sure as hell side plates were crack. THEN the bar is closed so I can't even have a beer to cry in. Rode home and removed bar and sideplates were done.PLUS (I promise I'm not making this up) when the plates cracked the rack put a dime sized dent on the top of my fender.

I amat a lost on my next move. Thinking do nothing untilI save money to put on Mustang solo with backrest,passenger pillon and then use quick detatch side plates and put my 3 foot bar on behind the pasenger seat. Then add passenger pegs as well to make it a two up ride. I want to keepmy bar on I like the look.Butthen I still do not know how I will carry a bag.I'd guess that list to$1,500 by the tiem it over.

)&*^*&% I'm bummed!

Old 04-03-2008, 01:06 AM
Ribcracker
Tourer

sorry to hear about that, found out yesterday mates just put two dents in the fender on his new train. sent the chrome rack side plates and so on off too be powder coated and got the hardware mixed up and ended up winding 2 bolts in too the side of the fender as they were too long ......... at least your was misfourtune and his was self inflicted.

Would have offered to do your plates but I think Muds offer will be easier at least your both on the same contient

Old 04-03-2008, 05:25 AM
UH60Hwkdrvr
Road Captain
Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: mudpuddle

P.S. -

mud

)&*^*&% I'm bummed!

Now that is funny; I don't care who you are!

m.a.c.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:01 AM
xmarine
Road Master

[quote]ORIGINAL: mudpuddle

P.S. -

mud

Mud
Not to bust yer bearings, but 'tiech' is actually spelled 'teech'.
Eye uzed spiel chekker fo sho.
LOL
xmarine

Old 04-03-2008, 08:39 AM
trampsinger
Tourer

Well at least its not " Mission Essential" for the operation of the bike. But without that sissy bar your radio reception will suffer for sure!

Old 04-03-2008, 08:59 AM
street2007bob
Tourer

Are you for real mud? I might be interested in letting you do it right rather than me try again.

YesI do teach spelling! Third grade to be exact. Never have spelled worth a hoot, I spell check and edit everything that is important but I never thought that the forum would care.

As for the bar I might try to get thicker steel in there. I only had 1/8 inch assuming that would work but I was wrong. Might try 1/4 but the side plates were about 50 buck to have cut since I do not have the tools so they were about 60% of the cost. Still unsure what to do. I have a week long run in August coming and need to care a bag some how. I start roofing in a little over a month so I might have the cash to just buy the mustang seat and everything else I want.

How easy would it be to hook my bar to factory quick release side plates?

PS I will spell check from now on!

Old 04-03-2008, 12:44 PM
mud
muderator
Received 9,109 Likes on 2,119 Posts

Are you for real mud? I might be interested in letting you do it right rather than me try again.

YesI do teach spelling! Third grade to be exact. Never have spelled worth a hoot, I spell check and edit everything that is important but I never thought that the forum would care.
PS I will spell check from now on!
I'm for reel on the welding offer bob.
But, I would want to see some good pix of whut you have now.

Jest pulling your leg on the spelling (late night drink or two).
Cause you've mentioned before that you are a tiecher.
And you said you were leaving skool when theflagpole gave up.

I have an eighth grade edication, learned to spell fairly well in the 3rd grade.
The nuns beet it into us in a very calculated manner.

If I remember correctly when I saw the design you utilized,
the geometry was not correct for the heighth.

mud

Quick Reply: Bummed to the max--Know what?