Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the site......

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Wireguided
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to the site......

Welcome and i agreed by all for the extra little coin spent now will save you in the long run..

Old 04-02-2008, 09:55 PM
wwgilstrap
Advanced

When you use a gas pump that has all three grades coming from the same hose, your never sure what your getting for the first gallon or so. Don't worry about it, the best we can get in CO is 91.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain

Hey Scott! We're neighbors!!! Where did you get your bike? Hollingsworth or Adamec? I've never put anything other than 93 in mine. Congrats on the new bike!!!!

Old 04-03-2008, 01:02 AM
deanz
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations and welcome!

Old 04-03-2008, 02:57 AM
Ribcracker
Tourer

welcome aboard...
Not sure where your dealer found that muppet of a salesman. You wont do any harm running a higher octane fuel. Hell the high the ron or octane number the better the gas is. If its pinking maybe your babying it to much and making the bike work harder than it needs to. Running in doesnt mean sticking it in higher gear and bimbling around just as much as it doesnt mean reving it to the red line in every gear. I noticed you said you have come over from sportsbikes dont forget harleys make more torque than anything else you have ridden before which can make you lazy. Whsilt running in use the gear box to build up speed whislt using smaller amounts of throttle.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:38 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the family. I would stick to the advice given so far on octane value. The salesman does not know $hit from shinola.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:39 AM
Dombow77
Tourer

Welcome from New Hampshire, Follow the book. Ride safe.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:42 AM
LowRider08
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Scooter Wench

Hey Scott! We're neighbors!!! Where did you get your bike? Hollingsworth or Adamec? I've never put anything other than 93 in mine. Congrats on the new bike!!!!
Hey there Scooter Wench, yes we are neighbors. I saw one of your posts in another section and thought the same thing. I bought my bike from Ademecs on Baymeadows. Chris Ademecs is a mountain biking buddy of mine so I went to his dealership.I do alot of work in PV so we,ve likely crossed paths 100 times.

Thanks guys and girls, I ran out the night I realized that I had the wrong gasandfilled up withthe 93. I would have been awake all night if I didn't.

Later on all
Perhaps I'll see ya on the road Karen

Scott

Old 04-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain

I got my bike at Baymeadows Adamec as well. They were the first one to get the Fat Bob in the area and I made sure it was mine. That was back in September. Be looking for me, I am always out and about. Are you going to join JaxHOG? We just reached 500 members. Great group of people and they do a lot of charity work and have rides every weekend going all over the place. We are gearing up for Hugs not Hits this weekend and next month is the Lex and Terry Autism ride which we are volunteering to work. I'm running for Treasurer of the chapter so I need all the votes I can get! LOL j/k!! Next chapter meeting is on the 12th of April. It's usually on the first weekend at 9:30 in the morning but is being postponed a week this month and next due to the charity rides going on. Hope to see you there!

Old 04-03-2008, 08:38 AM
wind rider
Tourer

Welcome from West Plains Missouri , I always run the highest octane I can get

Quick Reply: New to the site......