Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Dyna Super Glide Handlebars

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 12:15 AM
rayfinseats
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 Dyna Super Glide Handlebars

All 1" bars or bars with 1" clamp and grip area will fit but you may have to change cables. You also need dimpled bars and NOT springer bars.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:17 AM
cspach
Intermediate

I have a 05 FXDI with CVO bars.

The have just enough pull back for me....

Old 04-07-2008, 12:22 AM
rayfinseats
Road Captain

Will an 07 Superglide take 4 inch risers withouth having or needing to replace the cables? Pretty sure they will.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:19 AM
vermonter16
Advanced

Thanks for the info. I hope to find something with a little more reach but without having to switch out my tach and speedo case. What is the difference between dimpled bars and ones that aren't?

Old 04-07-2008, 05:23 PM
l.ray
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great!!!!! [sm=biker2.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 04-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Skaarsgard
Cruiser

I switched my Buckwings for the Nightster's bars just fine.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:50 AM
vermonter16
Advanced

Just an update to my handlebars dilemna.&nbsp\\; I still have not switched them out but finally ordered a set of wide glide bars to see how that would do.&nbsp\\; The shop had me sitting on different bikes and looking at my position for weeks before I finally decided.&nbsp\\; They are going to just initially put them on before changing everything out to make sure I like them.&nbsp\\; I'll let you know.&nbsp\\; I'm pretty excited.&nbsp\\; I just got a new seat and the seat pushes me back a bit further than I already was from the bars so we'll see what happens.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:20 AM
Bugger
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 07 FXD and have tried several configurations. A two inch rise over stock requires no change in cables or brake line. Greater than two inch rise, you'll need a longer brake line. Pull back risers **** the speedo almost vertical, not good. Rivco makes a two inch rise and two inch pull back made just for this situation. But on 07's and up the top clamp/ speedo housing was changed and so you can't clamp down on the Rivco riser. Works great on 06 and earlier and you need no&nbsp\\;brake line or cable change out. Rivco says they are working on a updated version for 07's and up. Another issue that you have to deal with is that the stock risers are mounted to the triple tree via neopreme (sp?) damppeners. As you increase the length of the riser the feel of the bars gets mushier.&nbsp\\;So, for the FXD you are stuck with changing out the bars. There are lots of bars out there. I liked the feel/position of the mini apes on a&nbsp\\;Street Bob so thats where I ended up. IMO, you are hobbled by the speedo mounted clamp on the FXD. Truely, the better&nbsp\\;arrangement is the FXDC with tank mounted speedo. Then get yourself some fat&nbsp\\;pullback&nbsp\\;T-bars!&nbsp\\;

Old 06-19-2008, 09:36 AM
mud
muderator
Received 9,070 Likes on 2,114 Posts

ORIGINAL: vermonter16

Just an update to my handlebars dilemna.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I still have not switched them out but

finally ordered a set of wide glide bars to see how that would do.
If you ordered 06 up HD WideGlide bars, you need to order the WG risers as well.

mud

Old 06-19-2008, 10:03 AM
tideglide
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: jasononaharley

I can't stand the stock handlebars either and am not sure if I want to go with apes (did that with my previous FXR).

I am toying with the idea of doing beach bars, but right now I don't really have the funds or time to make that change.

Now I'm thinking, "why not&nbsp\\;a new set of risers - something that sweepd back a little?"&nbsp\\; The reason I hate the stock bars is because I am leaning too forward.

Anyone out there do this?&nbsp\\; Would I have to replace all cables/wiring, or can I just do a swap out of the risers?

Later!
&nbsp\\;
I installed 4 1/2 inch pullbacks with my stock bars and had no issues with the stock cables. But, I am going with mini apes as well due to the position of the speedo.

Quick Reply: 07 Dyna Super Glide Handlebars