Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn Signal Relocation w/o the ugly HD stalks

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 08:41 PM
intempestivus
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turn Signal Relocation w/o the ugly HD stalks

Since I first purchased my 2007 wide glide a year ago I've been looking for a way to relocate my turn signals to the front forks. I first bought the HD kit but never installed it because I could tell looking at it that the "stalks" were way too long and I just felt they would look ridiculous.

A few weeks ago I finally broke down and bought a Kuryakyn kit from J&P (330-142). The J&P book says it fits up to 2006 models but the Kuryakyn site says it will fit 2007's also. They are both kinda right. The kit comes with mounting hardware for both 39 and 41 mm forks. I first assumed the 41mm bracket would be the one that would work but actually the 39mm set up is what I used. The bracket mounts using the lower triple tree pinch bolt and the signals hug the fork tubes and look pretty good imo. I'll post some pics when I get my digial camera back from the guy I loaned it to.

Anyway, if you have a manual and a little sense about wiring you can make this kit work. The internal handle bar wiring on the WG is a real pita but you can unplug the wires under the gas tank and splice in there if you don't want to fool with it. The signals are single wire so you can only make them running lights or turn signals, not both. I chose to splice in under the tank and just clip the wire off flush at the control cover to keep water out and spare myself the trouble of pulling wires through the bars. It was pretty simple really. I checked for codes after installation as I was a little afraid splicing in like this would cause a problem but it seems the computer & TSSM didn't mind.

For anyone out there looking for a tight looking front fork I think this is the way to go. Sorry for the lack of pics, I'll try to take care of that in a week or so but you can get a good feel for how they look on the Kuryakyn or J&P sites.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:02 AM
0ut1aw
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Turn Signal Relocation w/o the ugly HD stalks

On the running light blinker statement

I had the same issue with some new blikers I put on and found that all I had to do was jump a ground inside the blinker and i had both.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:24 AM
fj4069
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i relocated all my turn signals to the round file. even the relocation kits look terrible. i hate it when the moco designs a bike and then puts all the extra crap ( flashers, horn, license plate brackets) on it as an afterthought instead of incorperating it into the design of the bike

Old 03-30-2008, 01:35 AM
rayfinseats
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sell a kit to put them on the front forks.. My wires reached. They don't stick out....

Old 03-30-2008, 03:57 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

50 mod thread has a way to do this for like 5 bucks and it is the cleanest way i have seen yet... puts them off your lower trees

Old 03-30-2008, 08:10 AM
Punty
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: JRK5892

50 mod thread has a way to do this for like 5 bucks and it is the cleanest way i have seen yet... puts them off your lower trees
Looks like you beat me to it Joe.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:29 AM
intempestivus
Cruiser

The $5 deal sounds like the way to go if you like the stock signals but I think I'd just take them off entirely before I went to the trouble of relocating the stock units. I just don't like the look of the stock units.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:35 AM
BLade1127
Road Warrior

Here's a look from the front on the Kury fork mounts. They keep the lights very tight to the forks.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:56 AM
Bottomend
Banned

This was my solution....

Old 03-30-2008, 09:10 AM
ChiefGator
Road Warrior

I just helped a bud install these on his Dyna. They look soooooooooooooooo much better than the goofy ones hanging off the handle bars. Hedon't think he gotthem from J&P. His are black to go with his blacked out forks etc.

http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup...2-9FDC4CA59E97

Quick Reply: Turn Signal Relocation w/o the ugly HD stalks