Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No fuel pump 0n 2007 fxd

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 12:29 AM
black29d
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No fuel pump 0n 2007 fxd

Hi all

I have a problem which I think I caused but I don't know how to fix

I pulled some parts off to have chromed before Easter, including the black wrinkled painted speedo mount on the handle bars and the heald light.
I was also going to pull the tank to, but didn't get time, but I emptied the fuel line by starting the bike and pulling the fuel pump fuse and let the bike die.

nothing else electrical was touched. I did how ever turned the ignition on while putting the headlight on, the speedo was still off ( I THINK THIS IS THE MISTAKE )

So today after thinking everything was ok, I wheeled the bike out to take for a shake down ride, but when attempting to start, I have no fuel pump.
The battery is ok, it will crank the bike, I have checked the fuses with a multi meter, same all ok.

So I have looked at the dtc codes
P has PO261 (Front injector open/high)
and P0263 ( Rear injector open/high)

S has U1016 ( loss of al ECM serial data at TSSM )

SP has U1016 (loss of all ECM serial data at speedo)

T has no rsp (not connected)

I have cleared the all the codes then turned the ignition off then back on, the SP codes has stayed cleared, but the codes for P, AND S have come back.

I think I should have disabled the alarm system before removing the speedo, it looks like the security system has cut the fuel pump

Does anyone know how I am to reset and fix this problem

Thank you

Peter