Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sturgis Must-Haves......Don't Leave Home Without?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 06:31 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by WideGlideFever
So for someone who has never been but hopes to make it one day, lets here some more about all the cash I will need....I know lodging is super expensive, but how are the prices on the most important thing.....beer? Are we talking $5 a beer, $10, more?
Chip was $6 a beer a few years back 2010-2011, don't know about now. Most things other than drinks and lodging are about normal (at least not outrageous). Mixed drinks are stupid high however! I have been lucky in the past and snuck massive amounts of alcohol in in my camper even though they looked in it. They are getting tougher and tougher about outside alcohol so take your chances at risk of getting it confiscated. We would drink very heavily before the concerts started just to save having to buy quite as much during the show but three of us would still go through about $150 a night for booze at the shows.

Last edited by tnriverluver; 07-16-2015 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:36 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
Chip was $6 a beer a few years back 2010-2011, don't know about now. Most things other than drinks and lodging are about normal (at least not outrageous). Mixed drinks are stupid high however! I have been lucky in the past and snuck massive amounts of alcohol in in my camper even though they looked in it. They are getting tougher and tougher about outside alcohol so take your chances at risk of getting it confiscated. We would drink very heavily before the concerts started just to save having to buy quite as much during the show but three of us would still go through about $150 a night for booze at the shows.
I pretty much stick to beer so I should be okay in that regards. I will make it one day, and I am sure I will spend plenty of $$$! Thanks for the info.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:43 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 30,781 Likes on 11,578 Posts

Originally Posted by JackHoleRacer
One thing im glad to hear your NOT taking is a Trailer.

I cant believe all the motorhomes and trailers that show up to a motorcycle rally......

I would rather have a campground full of every kind of motorcycle that got ridden instead of a campground full of RV's and trailered harleys.
Just curious...and how did how other people got there, or where they stay impact you?

Old 07-17-2015, 01:35 AM
Oldun
Cruiser
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Yeah... JHR: Some people can't physically ride anymore as far as they would like to, or don't have the time to spare. However they get there, in my opinion it's all good. Just saying... so far four times I have been able to ride to Sturgis. Pretty sure that in the next few years (ageing geezer with multiple historical injuries that I am), to get there I won't be able to ride the 2600 miles return trip... But I'd still like to go. So if you see me trailering, that, one day, just might be your future also. Again, just saying.

Old 07-17-2015, 02:45 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Don't forget to stop by the Baker booth and pick up a free Baker Bic lighter. We'll be at Black Hills Harley in Rapid City.