Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, I found a way to help with windshield buffeting...PICS ADDED!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 01:21 PM
hockey8787
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Well, I found a way to help with windshield buffeting...

does this really work

Old 06-28-2008, 01:50 PM
XKROME
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

do you have a link to the company you got those from?

Old 06-30-2008, 06:12 PM
hockey8787
Outstanding HDF Member

it's a harley davidson piece about&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;$23

Old 06-30-2008, 08:02 PM
easy4me
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well, I found a way to help with windshield buffeting...PICS ADDED!!

Several years ago I took my air baffle off,&nbsp\\; a letter was sent out stating overheating problems with the baffle installed on dressers.&nbsp\\; I think that is why the new bikes don't have them.&nbsp\\; It deflects a lot of the air from the&nbsp\\;upper part of the engine.&nbsp\\; When you get tired of the&nbsp\\;buffeting, just take the windshield off for a day&nbsp\\;then you won't mind it so much.&nbsp\\;(just kidding)

Old 07-01-2008, 01:33 PM
elamey
Cruiser
Default RE: Well, I found a way to help with windshield buffeting...PICS ADDED!!

This looks like a great idea. I just picked on up from the dealer and will commence to whittlin' here in a bit.
&nbsp\\;
The poster above raised a good question....heat. Does anyone know if it does divert too much air from the top of the engine? The poster above said they were removed from baggers. But i'm guessing Dynas would flow much more air than a bagger in the first place. I had a veteran harley&nbsp\\;service manager tell me that in all his years of working on TC88's, even though they run really hot and lean, that he&nbsp\\;hasn't seen one&nbsp\\;damaged from heat.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Biker Bob
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Brilliant!&nbsp\\;My next mod, thanks for the post. Bob

Old 07-01-2008, 02:52 PM
pappy43
Tourer

ORIGINAL: easy4me

Several years ago I took my air baffle off,&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; a letter was sent out stating overheating problems with the baffle installed on dressers.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I think that is why the new bikes don't have them.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; It deflects a lot of the air from the&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;upper part of the engine.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; When you get tired of the&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;buffeting, just take the windshield off for a day&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;then you won't mind it so much.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;(just kidding)
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; +1....I would think it would have a drastic effect on the air flow over the motor !!

Old 07-02-2008, 02:33 PM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 153 Likes on 101 Posts

Bought a unit yesterday and installed it last night. Rode for a while today and it seems to be working. Thanks for the tip.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:52 PM
hockey8787
Outstanding HDF Member

i made one for my w/g and put it on and it helped alot i also lowered my windshield down below the tripple trees and with the two combined together it made a big difference good job low rider

Old 07-07-2008, 11:05 PM
harleridr
Cruiser

How do you think this will work on an 03 WG?
&nbsp\\;
Grumpy

Quick Reply: Well, I found a way to help with windshield buffeting...PICS ADDED!!