Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, I found a way to help with windshield buffeting...PICS ADDED!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 10:42 PM
marcss
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well, I found a way to help with windshield buffeting...PICS ADDED!!

I used a fork bag (actually a black leather fanny pack), strapped on just below the headlight, and it stopped a lot of the buffetting and it gives somewhere to put stuff like maps, a small bottle of water, registration, etc. doesn't look too bad and it was cheap. I would say it stopped about 60 to 70% of the buffeting depending on speed. Here is a crappy picture:

[IMG]local://upfiles/22458/AA8DEC32838645CAB7E89295286EFE8A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-30-2008, 11:07 PM
Jet x 4
Tourer
Default RE: Well, I found a way to help with windshield buffeting...PICS ADDED!!

I just put a laminar lip with 10" ears on my compact windshield hoping that would reduce some of the buffeting. I need to let the glue dry and if that doesn't help I will go this route. Thanks for the info.

Rich

Old 03-31-2008, 06:33 AM
FastPitchFan
Cruiser

Anybody tried this on an 06 Wide Glide? Would like to know if it made a difference.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:52 AM
Stanger
Road Master

Black one was ordered last Friday. I had to order it, Stealer did not have one in crome or black in stock. Black one is about 1/2 as cheap. I paid under 15.00 shipped. I use a fork bag now, but I would like to move it so if this works, ........

Old 03-31-2008, 10:00 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 341 Likes on 209 Posts

ORIGINAL: marcss

I used a fork bag (actually a black leather fanny pack), strapped on just below the headlight, and it stopped a lot of the buffetting and it gives somewhere to put stuff like maps, a small bottle of water, registration, etc. doesn't look too bad and it was cheap. I would say it stopped about 60 to 70% of the buffeting depending on speed. Here is a crappy picture:

[IMG]local://upfiles/22458/AA8DEC32838645CAB7E89295286EFE8A.jpg[/IMG]
That's whereI mounted my fork bag. I think it helped. The biggest difference was lowering my detacheable windshield about 1 1/2 incheds on the forks. I prefer to look over it than through it, so it wasn't a big deal. I don't get too much wind whacking the top of my head.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:46 PM
ko4qc
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Well, I found a way to help with windshield buffeting...

Take a pill man...i was just 'jerkin your chain'.....no need to freak out.....:&gt

ORIGINAL: CCPD

I didn't ask for your opinion! Find another place to spout off about your insecurities! I asked for someone to post a pic of the black one on their bike if they had it. In case you haven't realized it black looks different on a bike then chrome.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:51 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ko4qc

Take a pill man...i was just 'jerkin your chain'.....no need to freak out.....:&gt

ORIGINAL: CCPD

I didn't ask for your opinion! Find another place to spout off about your insecurities! I asked for someone to post a pic of the black one on their bike if they had it. In case you haven't realized it black looks different on a bike then chrome.
Guess your insult didn't come across as so fuggin funny ko4qc.
Guess you arelegally blind and aren't aware that black vs chrome can make or break the looks of an add on.
Talk about a stupid answer k4qc, yours took the cake!!Oh, just jerking your chain.

Think I'll start with the black one, my fork bag holds my rain gear, and looks fuggly (works well though), especially on a clear day with no rain in sight.

DougJ

Old 03-31-2008, 09:12 PM
GaryInSanDiego
Cruiser

I made up a set of lowers using Memphis Shade brackets and plastic cutouts, andtheyhelped, but not as much as I'd like. I've also heard about the fork bag method. I'm thinking ofcombining both and see what happens. Can't be worse. I'd sure like to take some trips with the w/s, but I can't stand the buffeting.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:03 AM
rayfinseats
Road Captain

My 06 FXDI makes a whistling noise in the front end. One day I noticed itwhile the bike was standing still in a parking lot on a windy day. Anyone else ever notice that? I'm not sure if it's the shape of the wheel? It's like a howling sound.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:21 AM
20LowRider02
Tourer

Some of you guys had questions as to where I cut. The yellow shows what the piece looked like prior to modding. And the red shows the cuts I had to make. Excuse the artistry or lack there of.

I did round the edge just because it made it look more like it belonged on the bike...you don't have to do that.

Quick Reply: Well, I found a way to help with windshield buffeting...PICS ADDED!!