Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

StreetBob seat defect

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 07:56 PM
ko4qc
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: StreetBob seat defect

Solo/stock Street Bob seat looks good but is the most un-comfortable thing I ever sat on....well,at least on a bike....tried to re-shape mine and finally tossed it in the trash...replaced it with a Sundowner...ugliest seat ever made but,DAMNED comfortable....I'll take functionality over appearance every time...:&gt

Old 03-28-2008, 08:00 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know I am going to get flamed on for this one....nothing new for me tho so here goes.......reading the responses in this post proved to me why HD quality pretty much sucks. People have new bikes and when there are problems like defective seats (just happens to be this thread) they say it doesn't bother them cause they wanted a different seat anyway, or didn't bother to complain because the replacement seat would do the same thing anyway. Overheating and people spend a small fortune to make it run cooler, performance issues and more spent to get it to run right. The more the moco is permitted to slide by with **** poor quality the less improvement they will provide.I just don't get it myself. When I bought HD this time around ('08 super glide custom)I expected quality, something I did not get with the 3 previous HD's I bought (last new one was '92), but I was promised by everyone from the dealers to the avg. joe that quality is no longer an issue. My bike hasbeen in the shop for warranty repairs twice in 800 miles, and I find that unexceptable.Seems to me it is a huge issue still but for some reason the owners are either ashamed to admit it or so beat down by it they just don't care anymore, or, they have never owned any other brand and have no idea whatthe quality comparison is.Shame shame.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:02 PM
SFD_207
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1 year old '07 SB w/ just about 5000mi ... same seat problem, and thehead light sux...thats the only trouble I've had outta mine so far.
If that isall the trouble i get from it, I figure that aint bad....